• Car stalled and wont start help

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    92BlackRose

Default Car stalled and wont start help

I was driving home and my car died. I tried to restart it and no go. I then tried to pump the gas and start it and it would run untill I let off the gas.

I then waited about 1/2 hour and tried to start it and it ran and I got it home but it stalled about 3 times on the way.

When I got it home I tried to start it several times and it would start some times and would not the others. I then tried to pull some codes out of it from the port under the dash. It flashed 3 code 12 in a row and then 3 code 41. After that I tried to start it and it would not even crank. I disconected the battery and tried to start it and same thing no crank.

BTW I have a 1992 Vette Automatic with about 51000 miles

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corvette(s)
    2004 C5 coupe, MSGM & 2014 Cad SRX Crystal red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Code 41 has to do with the ignition coil I believe? DTC 41 will disable the injectors preventing flooding. You had best start by checking the coil.

Corvette(s)
    88 Convert ( SOLD ) /1973 coupe 4 speed/1964 Vert!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default DTC 41 Cylinder select error

The prom ( chip in the ecm ) is loose,bad fell out..poor connections to & from the ECM.

Clean & reseat the prom & all connectors with the battery disconnected.

Vig!

IndyPaceCar78

BlackRose,

I had a VERY similar problem with my '87, and after pulling codes, and then finally taking it back to the dealership, they diagnosed the prob as an EGR diagnostic switch, ($12.95 part) and then a good bit more for labor of course. It did however fix the prob.

The sporatic problems like this are sometimes the most difficult to diagnose. Sometimes mine would do it, and sometimes not, but would stall occasionally just as your is doing, or did.

Good Luck!
    Indy