• Battery died, now K.E. won't work. Any way to reset

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Greg Davis

Default Battery died, now K.E. won't work. Any way to reset

We have a 1993 40th Annivesary Ruby Coupe.
    It doesn't get driven a whole lot and the battery ended up dying. The battery is now charged (battery is still good) but now the keyless entry will not work and the SYS light blinks.
    Is there any way to reset these DIY so I don't have to take it to the dealer to get it done?
    Thanks,
    Greg Davis

1993 40th Anniversary RPO Z25
    12,000 miles

Eagle85C4

Try removing the negative battery cable for about 5 minutes the hook it back up. That should reset ECM and reset keyless entry as well...Good Luck

vette-dude

You have to go through the procedures in the car owners book to get this system up again. If you don't have a book let me know and I will post here later this week. Sometimes it doesn't work the first time you do the procedure. I had to re-program mine three times to get it to work. It is not hard to do and only takes about 5 minutes. Does the hatch button work? I assume you know this is a passive system so you don't activate any buttons to unlock or lock the car doors. I thought the procedures had been posted but did a search and couldn't find them. Anyways, if you haven't got it activated yet holler and we will get the procedures to get it working.

Randy

Corvette(s)
    2004 C5 coupe, MSGM & 2014 Cad SRX Crystal red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Disconnecting the battery shud not effect the CCM's memory of the PKE code. What I believe it does is deactivate the system. I know thats the case for my 95 & I assume yours is the same. Hold the door button down for about 5 secs. you shud hear & see the door locks cycle. You can check the status by turning on the ignition key, PKE light shud be illuminated on the lower left corner of the DIC if the system is active. Or else you can walk away & see if the system arms.