Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Clutch Fluid

RMJones

Default Clutch Fluid

Hey everyone,
    I have a 92 with 19K original miles. It is a 6 speed and I find about every six months I have to top off my clutch fluid. Not much at all-maybe half an ounce just to bring it from the add line back to full. Car drives fine-normal ops cause it sits alot?

Also, I notice if my car sits for more than 2 weeks, I will get the "Service Ride" yellow light on for my Selective Ride Control. Once I drive the car for a few miles-the light will go out and not come back. Is this also just because the car does some sitting. Car has only seen about 1000 miles inthe past 5 years or so. Car is ALL original and has the original Bilstein shocks.

I think this is all normal and just from sitting. What do you all think?

Thanks for everyone's input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by RMJones View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I have a 92 with 19K original miles. It is a 6 speed and I find about every six months I have to top off my clutch fluid. Not much at all-maybe half an ounce just to bring it from the add line back to full. Car drives fine-normal ops cause it sits alot?

Also, I notice if my car sits for more than 2 weeks, I will get the "Service Ride" yellow light on for my Selective Ride Control. Once I drive the car for a few miles-the light will go out and not come back. Is this also just because the car does some sitting. Car has only seen about 1000 miles inthe past 5 years or so. Car is ALL original and has the original Bilstein shocks.

I think this is all normal and just from sitting. What do you all think?

Thanks for everyone's input.
    Any fluid lose is not normal.Seals in the master or the slave could be drying out. You aren't enjoying your corvette enough to keep things in good shape.

Glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Two of my clutch masters leaked into the foam insulation where the actuator arm (that connects to the clutch pedal) comes through the fire wall. You have to reach way up behind the pedal to check. If it's damp, that's your leak point.