• lites are still on and my mind is gone

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default lites are still on and my mind is gone

door switches unhooked...new headlite/dimmer/traction/foglite/-switch...and my interior lites will not go out....
    HELP...

Corvette(s)
    1990 White Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

just thinking out loud, did you pull the courtesy light fuse?

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

uh huh..of they go out when this action is applied
    thanx

Corvette(s)
    1990 White Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

that leads me to a ??, The lights on my 90 stay on for about 30 seconds after I shut the door then they go out. usually it is done by a time delay relay. At least that is the way it works on some other cars. I would track down the wiring diagram and see if this applies.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

thanx..
    with the door switches deactivated..this makes the mystery complete....except for the location of the timer itself...
    logic dictates that this gizmo "could" be telling the lites to stay on
    maybe...lol

Corvette(s)
    1993 Coupe, Bright Aqua
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Assuming the circuits did not change my 93 book shows a courtesy lamp relay under the right side of the dash. If it is stuck that could cause the lamps to remain on. Time out after door close seems to be controlled by the CCM , it opens the ground to the control side of the courtesy lamp relay to shut off the lamps. Understand that the problem could also be caused by a short to ground in the door switch wiring.
    If you have a service manual chart three in the interior light diagnostic section should help you resolve the problem, good luck.

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

grounds,Grounds,GROUNDS!! Open or high resistance grounds can and most generally will cause Weird things to happen on these cars!! Thats why I said the other day on the phone the 1st Thing I would do is CHECK and CLEAN the grounds behind the battery under the Power Brake Booster(2-4) Depending on year and options (1 of the Air Bag inertia switches is there,Don't drop it on the floor after removing it!!),Ground Strap Frame to Engine,there are 2-4 that gos to the same ground Lug on the bell housing (even remove the ground lug from the bell housing and clean the threads going into the engine block!!),Clean the grounds on the frame under Left and Right headlamp Assy.and clean the 1-3 below the A/C housing on the right frame rail!!(Be sure to Check where the eyes are crimped to the wires too, there bad to get corroded there and it's hard to see!!)You said the other night that all was off except the radio back-light,from my experience there is a High Resistance or OPEN GROUND somewhere and your getting Feedback from some other component!!
    Not always so,but it happens Allot!

PS I've been having trouble with the PBNext phone system,Charter Internet service has been coming and going and creating problems!!
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)
    2007 Monterey Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Well, Junk I agree with ya but my first response to this post was a short in the wiring harness when it was a different post. I still think that is the case. I have hardly ever seen a relay go bad, unless too much current goes to it or it is physically damaged.

Bucket, check the wiring harness from the door switch connector all the way through into the car and look for any chafed wires. I will bet you might find something.

Good luck.

toptech, that was a great explanation and answer too, right on the money and Junk, well, what more can be said of Junk?

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

work work work.....totally worth it...lol
    thanx guys