• Short in interior wiring????

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

it's been 20 years now since my ex wife made it impossible for me to see my beautiful daughters...it seems the court system is busy all about finding money and is'nt concerned about the mental and spiritual health of our offspring..
    i cried a couple of bathtubs full of tears...(and still cry but not every day)
    these trials only led to my salvation.
    through God's grace and mercy i will once again see my babies and we spend all eternity together...Amen

Corvette(s)
    1984 Corvette Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Wow, thanks for all your help! I'm going to work on this on the weekend when i get some time. I'll let you know what happens!!

Junk - nice pic of your granddaughter (and the car!) I have two grandkids living in Germany now because my son's in the Army (he's in Iraq now, for the 3rd time!). So i don't get to see them much, only on the webcam every weekend! But, they are home now because my son had his mid-tour leave so they all met here, which has been really nice! He's back in Iraq now and his wife and kids are still here for a couple more weeks.

Bucket - i'm sorry to hear about your problems with seeing your daughters. You'll be in our prayers that something happens that you'll be with them again soon. If it's in God's plan it will happen.

I'm really glad i found this message board...i'm sure i'll be here quite often! Thanks!!!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Monterey Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Kenny, welcome to the board. A fellow Christian. There are many here.

Have a blessed day.

If you need any help with your car this is the place to go. You will not find another place with so much knowledge or experience.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

Paul

Corvette(s)
    1984 Corvette Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by bucket View Post
    i pulled my fuse when this happened to me..
    then i called "Junk" and he talked me through pulling out the center section of the door switch..problem solved.
    it's not and electrical short, but rather a simple mechenical, problem..
    to replace the switch..the outer and inner door panels must be removed..major hassell to put off as long as possible.
    if you say it's easy i'll take your word for it..for now
    steve
    I replaced the door switches on both sides. I'm not sure what you mean by having to remove the inner and outer door panels as there's nothing there...my switches aren't in the door. Maybe mine is different being a 1984? Anyway, it didn't work. My son thinks maybe it's in my light switch on the instrument panel (that turns the inside lights on and off). I removed the panel to get to it easier, and when we wiggle the switch the lights would flicker (get dimmer then brighter), so we're thinking this might be it. But it's so hard to get to the wiring to check it out! Any other ideas??? This thing is really starting to upset me...

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny2964 View Post
    I replaced the door switches on both sides. I'm not sure what you mean by having to remove the inner and outer door panels as there's nothing there...my switches aren't in the door. Maybe mine is different being a 1984? Anyway, it didn't work. My son thinks maybe it's in my light switch on the instrument panel (that turns the inside lights on and off). I removed the panel to get to it easier, and when we wiggle the switch the lights would flicker (get dimmer then brighter), so we're thinking this might be it. But it's so hard to get to the wiring to check it out! Any other ideas??? This thing is really starting to upset me...
    OOps,The earlier models had 2 switch's 1 in the jam at the front of the door,1 where the later models are at the back!! The 84 switches are all by their self as far as PT #'s !!,85-87 have switches in the same location but are different PT#'s,and 88-89 have the same location,but different PT #'s!! 90-96 have switches just at the back of the door and are all the same PT# from 90-96!!

It could probly be the the light switch though if the lights flicker when you wiggle the switch!!
    Illustration below is 84-89 door out of the GM Y Body Parts and Illustration catalog! There should be 2 Switch's #60 and #26
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

did you try the courtesy delay timer. mine did this and it was the timer. it is located behide the passenger dash pad.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

i have taken it to the doctor..im limited on my worspace and patience..even with the fuse pulled i had to call for a jump box after only one nite..
    its a bad short...somewhere

Corvette(s)
    1984 Corvette Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey guys,
    Sorry i haven't been back to let you know what happened. Actually, i feel pretty dumb! And know it's kinda funny....I went through replacing the light switch (where i had to take the dash apart!), replaced the buttons to both doors. Nothing worked, the lights still stayed on. Then one day i was showing my wife where the switch was in the drivers door to open the trunk, and i had to do a double take!!! I noticed the little button in the door and it was stuck in! All of a sudden i realized what you were talking about having to take the door panel off to replace the button! But, i lucked out! I used WD-40 on the button...AND THE LIGHTS WENT OUT!! Wow, after spending about $100.00 to try to fix it, all it took was WD-40! Well, they say that'll fix anything!!!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Monterey Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Congrats Kenny!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12