• still lacking 12 volts to AC compressor
  • still lacking 12 volts to AC compressor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Then I'd say you have a break in the green wire somewhere and I'd be very suspect of the C100 connector first. Short of something cutting/damaging or melting the wire they don't usually fail on their own. Connectors are another story they are subject to moisture/corrosion and failing from "age". IMO check C100 first before starting to probe into the harness

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I agree with Twisterup Bob, check the C100 connector first, most obvious place for an open in the circuit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

well here it is.

The green wire is cut somewhere, so I found the wire in the engine compartment and ran a seperate wire to the hp switch . clutch engages and it blows cold air. I guess at some point I will try to find the break but it appears to be below and behind the engine somewhere. It didn't blow a fuse so it must be out of the way.

Doesn't seem to blow as hard as my 93 did.

Any ideas on that??

Thanks for all of the help. You guys helped me get through tough parts.

Thanks

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Did you look at the C100 connector Bob, should be the one we discussed at the bulkhead where the engine and body harness join? The green wire may just have a bad connection there or one side could be pushed out.
    When you say it doesn't blow as hard, does the blower speed sound like it is on high and there is just poor air flow or does the blower sound like it is not reaching full speed?
    If the fan sounds like it is running full speed there may be debris clogging the evaporator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Top,
    The C100 was good so I went past it into the engine compartment and found the wire. Did a resisitance test and it showed a good circuit from the relay to the point in the engine compartment past the bulkhead, so that should have illiminated the bulkhead. The guy I bought the car from did some work on it before I bought it he might have accidently cut the wire. I also replaced the exhaust, but it wasn't working at that time anyway.

next time I have it in the air I will look under it to see if i can find it.

As far as the blower it sounds like it is at full speed but I haven't check everything yet.

I will do that as soon as I put the under dash back together.

Thanks again, I will be in touch later with the blower.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Okay have fun putting it back together. I think the evaporator can be removed from the engine side if it is clogged, not an easy job but not as bad as the heater core, good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I know this thread is a few days old, but can someone tell me where the a/c clutch fan relay is located? I jumped the wires from the connector and the a/c clutch engaged. after some discussion i am pretty sure it is the clutch relay. It shows it on the left side instrument cluster along with the flasher relay but I can't seem to locate the bank of relays... This is on my friends '91 and I am trying to help him out.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bugman

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by bugman34202 View Post
    I know this thread is a few days old, but can someone tell me where the a/c clutch fan relay is located? I jumped the wires from the connector and the a/c clutch engaged. after some discussion i am pretty sure it is the clutch relay. It shows it on the left side instrument cluster along with the flasher relay but I can't seem to locate the bank of relays... This is on my friends '91 and I am trying to help him out.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bugman
    2 questions.. manual or automatic climate control ? and do you mean AC clutch relay or cooling fan relay/relays ?
    oops forgot to ask ..which connector you're jumping and are you SURE it's full of freon ..you have a low pressure switch which won't engage the clutch /compressor if the system has a low charge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

lay in the seat ,head on the floor board, look up ,reach your hand toward the rear of the car , there are two relays and the flasher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Twister, thanks. Yes it is the a/c compressor clutch relay I am looking for...and we had a shop recharge the R-134.

Rig, thanks. I called him with your info. I haven't heard back from him today, I hope the Black Hole didn't suck him in.

Thanks again guys,
    Bugman

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

the relay you want is to the left of the stearing wheel, at the bottom of the dash, towards the driver.(all the way to the back toward the driver)

There are two relays and the flasher. I think it is the one closest to the stearing wheel. They are both the same. The replacements are at any parts store for $7.00.

Make sure you are getting 12 volts to the relay.

If you follow Toptec and Twisterup they will help you as they did me.

T

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

the relay you want is to the left of the stearing wheel, at the bottom of the dash, towards the driver.(all the way to the back toward the driver)

There are two relays and the flasher. I think it is the one closest to the stearing wheel. They are both the same. The replacements are at any parts store for $7.00.

Make sure you are getting 12 volts to the relay.

If you follow Toptec and Twisterup they will help you as they did me.

T

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks for the info guys... He took it to a repair shop and they couldn't figure it out either, they installed a toggle switch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12