$projecthp
  • Opinions Wanted Selling my Z07: Collector Car Trader or Auto Trader?

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1994 Z07 Black Rose Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Opinions Wanted Selling my Z07: Collector Car Trader or Auto Trader?

Hi everyone,

I am in process of selling my 1994 Z07 Corvette, it is currently posted in the C4 for sale forums, but it hasn't sold as of yet and the car has to go. My add was posted in September and it is still up and will remain, but I was wondering, being a 1994 Z07, I feel the car is in a bit of a 'gray' area as to were I should put my add imo. Both Auto Trader and Collector Car Trader has C4's listed for sale by owners on their sites. Anyone have an opinion as to which of the 2 sites you would think that the car would have more of a success in selling? It does have some collectability, but it is also a 94 and not a ZR1. I'm not a car dumby by any means, but I am also smart enough to not be an 'expert of all' and this is one of those times were I would like to gather some 'data' to surmize a better conclusion . Thanks in advance for the input!!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I haven't a sold a Vette since I sold my 64 coupe 33 years ago, so I'm not going to be much help. But here's some insight. C4s are not doing well right now, they seem to be at the bottom of the Corvette feeding chain. And this time of the year isn't prime Corvette selling time (spring traditionally is better) Yes your car is 1 of 887 (I have a 94 Z07 as well). Being a Z07 there are people around who would like your car for auto-xing, but you have to reach that group. Where are they and how you reach them is an answer I can't give you, because I'm not sure. If I were trying to sell right now, I would put it in both places as well as anywhere else you can think. More exposure means more chances to sell. Good luck with your pursuit.

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Man you got a deal when you bought it! I guess it pays to be an employee of GM

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 94Z07 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am in process of selling my 1994 Z07 Corvette, it is currently posted in the C4 for sale forums, but it hasn't sold as of yet and the car has to go. My add was posted in September and it is still up and will remain, but I was wondering, being a 1994 Z07, I feel the car is in a bit of a 'gray' area as to were I should put my add imo. Both Auto Trader and Collector Car Trader has C4's listed for sale by owners on their sites. Anyone have an opinion as to which of the 2 sites you would think that the car would have more of a success in selling? It does have some collectability, but it is also a 94 and not a ZR1. I'm not a car dumby by any means, but I am also smart enough to not be an 'expert of all' and this is one of those times were I would like to gather some 'data' to surmize a better conclusion . Thanks in advance for the input!!
    I've used both Auto Trader and Collector Car Trader and Several other Publications,ain't none of them worth the $$$!!!
    I sell more vettes by word of mouth and the Wife and I driving them around with "For Sale by www.gmjunkie.com " on the rear hatch!!
    It's got so it seems to me that the Internet has created a lot more Horses A$$'s than we have Horses!
    junk!~!!
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)
    1969 RED SB COUPE, 1993 BLACK ZF6 COUPE
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

This is not really the right time of year to sell a Corvette, but you're down south so the waether might not be too much of a factor.

As toms94 said your biggest market might be the auto-x guys. If there's a site nearby you might want to sacrifice a weekend and show up with a "For Sale" sign in the window.

BTW, that's one beautiful car.

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks for the compliment jrzvette...and everyone else, thank you. Not sure what I am gonna do here...

Corvette(s)
    1982 Black Fastback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I've never sold a Corvette (i've only bought 1) but I have to agree: the more exposure the better.
    Ads in the newspaper.
    Park for a few hours at a busy gas station with a for sale sign.

Have you considered using one of the Corvette dealers? (i got mine from www.corvettecountry.com) Some of them will sell it for you (in exchange for a commission) or may just buy it from you.

That may be your best bet if you have to get rid of it now. They will know what it is, what it is worth, and how to sell it.

Good luck, I hope you get a good price for it.

(just out of curiosity, why does it have to go?)

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

It has to go, especially now, due to a financial hardship...all I am going to say is one word....... Chrysler ......... I can elaborate, but I will save that for another time.

Corvette(s)
    1982 Black Fastback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

'nuff said

Corvette(s)
    1979 Blk L48
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

due to it beng a 94 i would say autotrader you should also consider corvettetrader. a for sale sign and a cruise to local shows or gathering is also a great idea.

Opinions Wanted Selling my Z07: Collector Car Trader or Auto Trader? Tuna's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I've had "zero" luck using the 'national' publications when it comes to selling a car - Vette or otherwise. Usually all the calls I get based on those ads are other companies wanting to sell me ads.

I have not tried ebay.

When I get ready to sell a Corvette (I've sold 5 in 14 years), it usually sells via word of mouth to someone that knows me and my car. Those that didn't went to people that saw the "for sale" sign in the window and took it for a test drive.

Good luck with the sale.
    Tuna
    My Novels:
    Crossbow Revenge
    Alice Was Not Her Name
    Antiques To Die For
    HyperDeath

Murder mysteries!

Opinions Wanted Selling my Z07: Collector Car Trader or Auto Trader? warren s's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1999 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I found 2 Corvettes via Autotrader.com, being able to do a search via location and zip code was big help.

As for being a 94 and a Z07, its just an option on a basic C4 (not a ZR-1) so any site that gives you any type of visabilty is a plus. Remember that there are plenty of Corvette owners who are not aware of or care to visit any Corvette websites.

Good luck with the sale.