$projecthp
  • 17YO need help deciding to upgrade to a later model C4 this summer, or keep current cars
  • 17YO need help deciding to upgrade to a later model C4 this summer, or keep current cars

Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 17YO need help deciding to upgrade to a later model C4 this summer, or keep current cars

Hi Iím contemplating what to do about my 85. Bought it 8 months ago for 1200. Iíve taken a lot of the interior out because I was going to re-do it. Never happened, so parts are just in pieces but itís mostly intact. The exterior is also rough, but definitely looks nice from 10í. Iíve bought a new radiator, cooling hoses, thermostat and belt for and and replaced all those. Also has a front seal leak. So as you can tell it needs a lot of time and money to bring it to good or decent condition. I have another car, the one I actually drive that would sell quick for 2k. I have about 1k saved, Iíd need 1500 just for a new tranny. If I can keep my part time job, do you guys think I should save some money to buy a later version c4? Iím worried soon enough Iíll be laid off for a few months with no income. The plan would be to sell the current corvette and save some money, and have my dad loan me some while I try to sell my other car. Of course Iíd have quite a bit more money saved before selling either cars. I really like everything better about the later version c4. The only problem is I really like my current cars but Iíd also like having a really nice corvette. What do you guys think I should do? Really appreciate any help. Hope this corona virus slows down soon. Thanks

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Save your money, son. If you can sell the 85, and get your money out of it, then do it.
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe Cashmere/black interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY) 2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)
    2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham
    , IL)

Formerly owned Corvettes: 1964 coupe, 1994 coupe, 2001 coupe

Likes Otter liked this post