Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    C4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Headlight Actuator !!!

Does anyone know where the Headlight Opening Actuator Module is located on an 85 C4 .

Cheers Pauly

Corvette(s)
    1989 Red Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Headlight module

The 85 used a set of relays, not a module to control the headights. They are mounted in the well in front of the left front wheel. Usually under a black plastic cover.

Ron Kane
    Benchmark Corvette Service

Corvette(s)
    C4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hi Ron Thx for your reply

Yeah I have found those relays they are in the front right well on my Vett as my car has been converted to right hand drive for Australian standards , I have replaced all those with new new ones ( The headlight Actuator Relay is located there ) .

It says when you buy a full kit it comes with a ( Headlight Opening Actuator Module ) I have replaced headlight motors & relays but still the headlights are intermintantly popping up i suspect this module may be faulty becuase I have replaced every thing else besides that ...... does an 85 C4 have one off these modules if so where !!!!!

Cheers Paul

Corvette(s)
    1984 Z51 Silver/Gray & as Much SS & CFibre we find
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Paul,
    I suppose you could consider the Headlight switch an "Headlight Opening Actuator"...but thats IT on the 85. There is NO computer module.
    This circuit diagram is for an 84 but its pretty much the same from 84-87 except for when the fog lights go on...but you'll get the idea!
    http://misterbill.homeip.net/vette/w...lamp_doors.jpg

Its almost essential you purchase a Factory Service Manual directly from the printer...Helm.Inc... who has the cheapest price anywhere and are a very dependable company. It comes with an EXCELLENT electrical troubleshooting guide as well for under $100 USD Helm Incorporated: Choose Product Category

I havent been there lately but really enjoy this site from time to time. Australian Corvettes Association :: Index
    Lots of spirited Vette owners in Australia
    Cheers!

Corvette(s)
    C4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteArchives View Post
    Paul,
    I suppose you could consider the Headlight switch an "Headlight Opening Actuator"...but thats IT on the 85. There is NO computer module.
    This circuit diagram is for an 84 but its pretty much the same from 84-87 except for when the fog lights go on...but you'll get the idea!
    http://misterbill.homeip.net/vette/w...lamp_doors.jpg

Its almost essential you purchase a Factory Service Manual directly from the printer...Helm.Inc... who has the cheapest price anywhere and are a very dependable company. It comes with an EXCELLENT electrical troubleshooting guide as well for under $100 USD Helm Incorporated: Choose Product Category

I havent been there lately but really enjoy this site from time to time. Australian Corvettes Association :: Index
    Lots of spirited Vette owners in Australia
    Cheers!
    Hi There

Thx for all that info ... its been a learning curve I think the new motors that I ordered may have been faulty there is spring inside that throws a connection between the points , looks like this has been causing my problem I have the motor working now .

Thank you for your reply .

Cheers Pauly