• Need Old Bose Amp
  • Need Old Bose Amp

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Need Old Bose Amp

I have a rear speaker from an 86 vert that isn't working. I've done all the troubleshooting and I know it's the amp. The metal box the amp is encased in measures about 6" x 3 1/2" and I'm told it's "the old style amplifier". Every source I've tried tells me they fix the newer style amp (which is smaller) but not the larger style amp. I've also tried carstereohelp.com in Florida and they don't repair the old ones anymore either. Does anyone know where I could buy an old amp or get my (old style) amp replaced? Thanks for any leads.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Did you try

Corvette Radios
    in Hunstville. Good service ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
    Did you try

Corvette Radios
    in Hunstville. Good service ...
    I have their website bookmarked but I thought they were more like the "radio unit" restoration, not necessarily speakers. I found the entire speaker and amp assembly at Corvette America for $134. If it works it will be well worth the $$$. If not, Dr. Dons Corvette Radio will be my next call. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by adfac View Post
    I have their website bookmarked but I thought they were more like the "radio unit" restoration, not necessarily speakers. I found the entire speaker and amp assembly at Corvette America for $134. If it works it will be well worth the $$$. If not, Dr. Dons Corvette Radio will be my next call. Thanks for the help!
    They rebuild Bose speaker amps for the later C4s - I have two 91s, and they rebuilt 5 of my amps for $75 each. I don't know if they can rebuild the early amps but you should give them a call. Great service!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by gbrtng View Post
    They rebuild Bose speaker amps for the later C4s - I have two 91s, and they rebuilt 5 of my amps for $75 each. I don't know if they can rebuild the early amps but you should give them a call. Great service!
    We'll see if what I ordered from Corvette America works. If so, problem solved. If not, you can bet I'll give them a call. Where in South TX are you? I'm in Brownsville.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I have a front speaker and amp from an '89 I was going to put in my '89 C4. According to the guy I bought it from, it still worked. He pulled the entire Bose system from his '89 to install an after market system. I only paid $45.00 for it (including shipping) and took a chance. Since I sold my C4 and bought a C5 before I could get it installed, I still have it. If the amp for the rear is the same as the front and you are interested in it, let me know.
    Some people are like slinkies,
    They don't really have a purpose,
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by adfac View Post
    We'll see if what I ordered from Corvette America works. If so, problem solved. If not, you can bet I'll give them a call. Where in South TX are you? I'm in Brownsville.
    New Braunfels, not as south as you ...