• Door window seals
  • Door window seals

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Regarding the wet door carpets: I added this originally to keep the sills clean and it stopped the problem.
    Corvette Door Seals, Lower Edge Auxiliary, 1984-1996

You'd think that it shouldnt do much since the door weatherstrip SHOULD prevent water from soaking the carpet anyway....but it did.

Regarding the window seals: Install them with the door CLOSED or SUPPORTED when pressing down. I stupidly bent my hinge when I did the first one! One more "fun" project I had to do! As my grandmother said "You live and learn and STILL die a dope!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by clydeyb View Post
    Hey, I have a question. The carpet on the outside of the drivers side door, (again the carpet outside of the cockpit, not inside) and the bottom of the door weather stripping is wet when it rains hard. I can't seem to determine how it get's wet. Is it the weather stripping that become porous and soaks up water? Anyone know?
    Thanks
    HEY! I HAD THE SAME SITUATION. COULD NOT FIND OUT WHERE AND WHY THE WATER WAS COMING IN. TRY THIS: I CHANGED THE DOOR MAIN WEATHER STIP CORVETTE CENTRAL PART # 634564 FOR 1990-1996. NO MORE WATER!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

So my project has been stalled. I ordered a pair of inner seals and a pair of outter seals from Ecklers. I received a pair of outer seals, a passenger side inner seal, and a driver side outer seal. And for some reason I started with driver side first. Didn't realize I had the wrong part until I went to install it. Ecklers was great. I asked if they wanted me to send back the wrong part, and they said to keep it, I would be getting a new pair of inner seals. So in the end I will have two extra parts that are brand new. But the delay comes in the fact that it was sent via ground from FL to WA. And although the expected delivery date was yesterday, it hasn't even arrived in the state yet.

I did just forget about the backs of the rivets, and installed the new outter seal. Looks very nice . A little bent inward, but I think rolling up the window will fix that.

QUESTION: So I removed the inner seal from the door panel. It was a painful process. Is the seal supposed to be stappled on? It took me two staples before I realized the trick. If anyone is think about doing this, here is my suggestion:
    All you need is some wire cutters. Starting at one end of the strip, every time you come to a staples's prong snip the old seal on either side of it so that you can bend it 180 degrees revealing the prong. Shove the wire cutters in there and snip that prong and repeat. It destroys the old seal but it was the easiest method I could find.
    My question is, can I install the new one with tiny screws or something? I don't think they would get anywhere near the glass. If I ever have to do this again, or if I ever want to remove this seal without destroying it, I would like to be able to do so. Plus it seemed that almost every staple was accompanied by a crack in the plastic. I have used more super glue on the internal plastics of this car than I have used in my entire life.

Thanks
    When I bought a fixer-upper because I thought it would be fun, I had no idea how much fun it would take.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12