• Radar detector -My Vette's new best friend

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by nelson84 View Post
    I high speed your stopping distance increases, what if a dog runs out in front of you or even worse someones kid. Even driving a vette you will not stop in time.
    I totally agree. On city and residential streets I would always suggest following the posted speed limit. For me when it comes to opening it up and/or punching it a bit is reserved for for the interstates and highways.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I high speed your stopping distance increases, what if a dog runs out in front of you or even worse someones kid. Even driving a vette you will not stop in time.

Thanks for the Lesson in Driving ???????????????????????????????????????????????
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Is class over yet?
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Yes its over but you could take a lesson on dericing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

OK Thanks, Are all lessons over now?? I think with 2500 miles a week average for 21 years, I have a little bit of experience in driving. The original post was simply a question by Lobobuzz, I'm sure he didnt buy the detector for school zones !!!!! Salute'
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ARKvette02 View Post
    They are only illegal if you get caught and My ak-47 stays here in Va.
    Oh Yeah! I did the same thing when I lived in CT when they were illegal and also used it in VA and DC
    We also can carry our handguns with us in PA (Must issue Carry Permit State)...I HATE NJ...and unfortunately there isnt any White Castle here in PA and thats the number one place I'd HAVE to carry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Why speed in the first place? Go the speed limit and you could have kept your $508.
    Why? Because cops NEED to be monitored. I personally like to go UNDER the speed limit in a trap just so there can be no question as to my law abiding nature. If they are following to harrass me I pull over to a business and then just happen to be going in the same direction behind THEM moments later and monitor THEM. I do record their plate and if they are speeding or breaking any other law. I have a friend who is a judge who likes to know just which cops hastle people and think they are above the law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

MMmmmmmmm...... White Castles. Ohhhh man I can go for a sack right now.
    Billy

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Why not drive 15 mph UNDER the limit then? Thats's illegal too...called impeding traffic flow. Sometimes even following posted limits ENDANGERS yourself and others if you are the ONLY one doing so. Try driving 55 in NJ sometime! You MUST keep up with traffic flow to drive safely. Thats another reason you need a detector so you dont become the victim of the speed trap when you were simply driving safely keeping up with traffic flow! Your detector will also give you advance warning of the people in front of you SLAMMING on their brakes to avoid a ticket. A safe driver uses any and ALL info that protects HIMSELF and his loved ones. One of the same reasons I carry a gun daily...hope for the best and prepare for the worst!
    By your same reasoning my driving even 1 or even 3 mph faster (3mph is the recognised legal speedometer variation between vehicles) than I would put that same child or dog feet BEHIND me whereas YOU would hit them. DUH!
    What if a brick drops off the truck you SHOULD have passed earlier but didnt want to "risk" passing smashes through your winshield and kills you
    Quite a paradox isnt it?
    EVERY little seemingly trivial decision you make every second directly affects a possible future outcome....dont argue with a Trekkie about paradox...temporal or otherwise

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteArchives View Post
    Why not drive 15 mph UNDER the limit then? Thats's illegal too...called impeding traffic flow. Sometimes even following posted limits ENDANGERS yourself and others if you are the ONLY one doing so. Try driving 55 in NJ sometime! You MUST keep up with traffic flow to drive safely. Thats another reason you need a detector so you dont become the victim of the speed trap when you were simply driving safely keeping up with traffic flow! Your detector will also give you advance warning of the people in front of you SLAMMING on their brakes to avoid a ticket. A safe driver uses any and ALL info that protects HIMSELF and his loved ones. One of the same reasons I carry a gun daily...hope for the best and prepare for the worst!

By your same reasoning my driving even 1 or even 3 mph faster (3mph is the recognised legal speedometer variation between vehicles) than I would put that same child or dog feet BEHIND me whereas YOU would hit them. DUH!
    What if a brick drops off the truck you SHOULD have passed earlier but didnt want to "risk" passing smashes through your winshield and kills you
    Quite a paradox isnt it?
    EVERY little seemingly trivial decision you make every second directly affects a possible future outcome....dont argue with a Trekkie about paradox...temporal or otherwise
    So, whats your point?

More impotantly how is you crossfire running and any other intake mods you have done, I think you were the one who cut between the two runners, how did that work out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by CorvetteArchives View Post

Quite a paradox isnt it?
    1966/67 circa.......Live long and prosper
    Billy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12