Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    jedi

Default Help me value my vette

I am selling my 95 LT1 with 91K miles, auto, and clean inside and out, no major issues other then a new battery. Wondering what I could ask for it. Craigslist has 3 $14K to $16K (going back about a month). Cars.com has cars 10K (1) at the lowest and 15 (2) at the highest. KBB.org has it listed as $9860 for private party. Retail is $12K. So my options are 10-16K it looks like. I am looking to trade up to a new C6 but wont get much for the trade in. What do you guys think? What should I put it up for sale for?
    Jedi

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

From a Corvette saleswoman...I'd say trade it in rather than trying to sell it privately. Unfortunately, the value of the C4's today are way down, and the prices of C5's and now C6's are so reasonable now that many people are upgrading to those models. Trading it in gets you into that newer one sooner!

Elaine

2016 Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic Z06

National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You could dump that car for 9k or hold out for around 12 k. As the price goes up the car stays longer. Thats just my opinion.

A good average price is about 10-12 k depending on options and condition.

I browse vette adds every day and have been for at least 10 to 15 years. Its a bad habit I have.

try these links and pick cars with similar miles and condition

www.autotrader.com
    www.ebay.com
    www.corvettetrader.com

To give you a good example I recently bought my 95 ragtop 6 speed for 10k outright. It has similar miles as yours with no issues. I did looka t about 10 cars before I bought however.

Before you trade in the vette, get a total price of the car your buying FIRST. Then the total price of the trade in.

Cash talks. Always.

Good luck !

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

What rear gears do you have, that makes a big difference to me if I were to buy it. Lower gears I would pay an extra $1000. But if it has 2.59 I would walk.

jedi

Quote Originally Posted by nelson84 View Post
    What rear gears do you have, that makes a big difference to me if I were to buy it. Lower gears I would pay an extra $1000. But if it has 2.59 I would walk.
    All stock no mods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I would ask $9,999. That is more than its worth now (economy wise), but you will be able to sell it!

Help me value my vette 6 Shooter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'd say $7k-$8k: Good Luck!

Later . . . . . .
    6 Shooter

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just for reference, I met a guy the other day that bought a 1994 LT1 Coupe with ~46k miles from a local dealer last week for 12k out the door.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Last November I sold a very nice 1996 Collector Edition with 27,xxx miles for $13,500 with two tops and original GSC tires. That was a fair price at that time and all that I could get. Interestingly the only people who thought the price was too low were the other owners of Collector Editions or owners of late model C4s. I would price yours under $10k.

Quasarcoupe

i agree, i paid 12 last year for my 93 with 35K miles on it. I would think with the mileage i would shoot for 9500-10K. Also it wasnt that i couldnt do better on another vette price wise, it was that i couldnt on a blue one anywhere near local thus i paid a litle higher to get what i wanted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I just bought my Corvette back at the end of December. I paid $4700 for an 88 and have since put a little over $4000 into it (not upgrades). When I was looking to buy my car I was looking for the 10K and under range. But I was willing to push it a bit.

My point is: It may just be my recent experience and the knowledge I have gained on Corvettes lately, but if I was looking to buy a Corvette right now, I would think yours was a good purchase for 11k. And that means if you priced it higher I may think about it longer but I may also pay it. So I would say put it up for like $12500-14000 and then negotiate with your buyer.

Again this could just be my feelings from my recent purchase. My signature says it all.
    When I bought a fixer-upper because I thought it would be fun, I had no idea how much fun it would take.