Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    '70 convert ("The Toy"), '90 ZR-1 ("The Beast")
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New C4 site just started

Found a new site that has started up for just C4s - the C4 Vette Registry.
    Jim O.

(click on image to see a bigger version)
    "The Beast" & "The Toy" - Save the Wave...!!!

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I signed up.

Corvette(s)
    1988 Bright Red Coupe and 2016 triple black vert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just registered also.

Ron
    "Baldie88"

Born on date May 31, 1988. This car did one lap of Indy in May 2006 for opening day ceremonies. Member St. Louis Corvette Club. NCM Member Number 518453.

Corvette(s)
    96 Collectors Edition LT4
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I am good to go, also! Thanks for the heads-up!!!

PLEASE SAVE THE GOSH DARN !
    An attendee at all the CruiseFests including the one which never happened.

Autosig (Shadow) A

Corvette(s)
    1988 Dark Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I signed up, but I was a little suspicious about all the information they want from you just to register.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ZumZum View Post
    I signed up, but I was a little suspicious about all the information they want from you just to register.
    And that's where I stopped with registering. I've never seen a board ask for information like that as mandatory fields.

New C4 site just started Red Vette's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Just signed up today. Thanks for the link.
    Barrett

Corvette(s)
    '70 convert ("The Toy"), '90 ZR-1 ("The Beast")
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
    And that's where I stopped with registering. I've never seen a board ask for information like that as mandatory fields.
    This was posted on the site and sent out to all registered C4VR members today:

There has been some concern about the information requested of you to sign up for a membership with C4 Vette Registry.

Please know that your information is not used by anyone outside C4VR! It will never be rented, sold or otherwise given to a third party. (see our Privacy Policy)

The reason I ask for such information is so that if some day if I start sending out a printed newsletter or other C4VR swag, I want to be sure that I have accurate contact info for you.

I HATE when my info is distributed, so I won't be doing that to any of you. I've been running C3VR for over 7 years and folks there will tell you I have never done anything with their info that they didn't approve of. I will continue that here.

Also, you have Privacy Switches on both your Profile and your C4 Registration that allow you to hide certain details from other members of the site.

Your street address, last name and phone numbers are NEVER shown anywhere on the site. They are for administrative use only.

So, please rest assured, your info is safe.

If you have any questions about this policy, do not hesitate to ask.

I'm one of the moderators and site admins on C3VR. The member information is secure and the few former members who have tested the Memebership Agreement by being disrespectful to other members have been promptly banned from the site. Adam, and the membership as a whole, does not tolerate bashing/flaming/spamming of any kind. Plain and simple as that.
    Jim O.

(click on image to see a bigger version)
    "The Beast" & "The Toy" - Save the Wave...!!!

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Norsky4360 View Post
    I'm one of the moderators and site admins on C3VR. The member information is secure and the few former members who have tested the Memebership Agreement by being disrespectful to other members have been promptly banned from the site. Adam, and the membership as a whole, does not tolerate bashing/flaming/spamming of any kind. Plain and simple as that.
    Interesting. And what are your website rules regarding folks who seldom participate starting threads to announce other sites in which they have a vested interest and encourage members to visit them?

I'm curious if that falls within the definition of spam.

Out of respect for others and in the interest of privacy and security, I would not solicit personal information from those registering just because I may one day want to send them a letter. Or some ... swag, is it?

But that's just me.

Jane Ann

BTW...

Quote Originally Posted by Norsky4360
    .....Found a new site that has started up for just C4s
    You just found this site and they already made you a Mod and Admin? WOW.

Corvette(s)
    1996 LT1 Z51 Torch Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

IM IN!

Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 - Bright Red / Black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Let me just say this Norsky: I don't appreciate someone who is directly connected to a site, coming here and trolling for members for that site.

Take it for what it's worth.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Corvette(s)
    1974 Coupe & 1985 Coupe, both red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I can't see where Norsky is "directly connected to", OR "has a vested interest in" the C4 Registry site...looks like he was just putting it out there that the site was new....just my observation.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Magnetic Red Metallic II Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

For the record, I didn't mean to start any kind of fights here with my statement about personal information. Norsky, I am sure that you mean what you say about privacy, that you're a good guy and all that. Understand, though, I am a bit paranoid about giving out too much on the net and a little paranoia is a good thing I think. I hope you understand that some folks such as myself are leery about putting all that out there. I would submit to you that seeing as all who register at your site will have an e-mail address, couldn't you just send out any future news letter via e-mail instead of snail mail? That way, you would not need all that contact info, people with netnoia would feel more comfortable with coming to the forum and you would save any future mailing costs. Just a thought.
    Some people are like slinkies,
    They don't really have a purpose,
    But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Corvette(s)
    1979 Corvette Red Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey folks and Rob.

I hope you don't mind me chiming in on this thread.

I saw a lot of referrals coming from CAC and found this thread is were they are coming from.

First, I'm sorry if anyone here is pissed about Norsky's post. I can't speak for him, but I'd have to bet that since he is a C4 owner he was just excited about the new site and wanted to spread the word to fellow C4 owners. If that broke a CAC rule, then I'm sure he'd have no issue with this thread being deleted.

Second, to clear things up, Norsky is a site admin on C3VR but not on C4VR, so he has no vested intersted in C4VR.

Thirdly, I fully understand what it takes to run a site, as Rob and I have discuessed in the past, so I certainly would not ever be looking to steal members from his site. In fact, I think that CAC is one of the best Corvette sites out there. I'm even a supporting member. It has a great weath of information and I reference it often. I also send people here if they are looking for info that I know can be found here.

Also, for the record, I have no problems with other sites being mentioned on any of my sites. It is no secret that there are multiple Corvette related sites to choose from and people are going wind up visiting whatever sites they find and that are useful or enjoyable for them. So I'm not going to try to stop people from knowing there are other sites out there. They'll find them eventually one way or another.

Finally, to clear up the issue about personal info, if people are that concerned about not giving out their personal info, they can always fill in the required fields with bogus info, like 123 Fake St and 215-555-1212, etc. I won't deny someone an account for doing that. And as mentioned above, ALL info is secure and in full control by the member and will NEVER ever be relased to a third party.

Thank you for letting me enter my thoughts on this thread. Again, I hope I'm not violating any rules.

Corvette(s)
    84 Z51 two tone bronze coupe 85 black on black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

How do you think I found out about this site? It was mentioned on corvette forum, and I haven't been back to CF since I found this one and a few others I'm scared to mention

I signed up over there but there is no action over they anyway, everyone must be afraid to make the first thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast