Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

NORSKY.............. I dont think it is appropriate to come here to CAC and solicit members.
    If you had done this at some other Corvette forum, they would have deleted your thread.
    If you were the CAC people, how would you feel?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I didnt bother to register. But, hasnt there been a C4 registry around for about 10 years? Maybe its a slightly different name but I remember the other registry asking for VIN numbers and color combos, etc. All the necessary info to clone a car from a stolen one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    Interesting. And what are your website rules regarding folks who seldom participate starting threads to announce other sites in which they have a vested interest and encourage members to visit them?

I'm curious if that falls within the definition of spam.

Out of respect for others and in the interest of privacy and security, I would not solicit personal information from those registering just because I may one day want to send them a letter. Or some ... swag, is it?

But that's just me.

Jane Ann

BTW...

You just found this site and they already made you a Mod and Admin? WOW.

Variety is the spice of life and answers to questions often come from different places. I regularily check several Corvette boards as well as a couple of Firebird boards to keep current on my cars.

I was simply sharing another source of information for the C4 generation of cars, that is all. I have no vested interest in the site other than to hope it becomes another useful resource for C4 owners. Adam does not discourage the exchange of useful information on any of his forums and that includes references to other web-sites.

And btw - I am a C4 owner and only a member of the C4VR site. I am a moderator and site admin on the C3VR site.
    Jim O.

(click on image to see a bigger version)
    "The Beast" & "The Toy" - Save the Wave...!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Let me just say this Norsky: I don't appreciate someone who is directly connected to a site, coming here and trolling for members for that site.

Take it for what it's worth.

As I mentioned above I am only a member of the site. And I am sorry if it is interpretted that I am "trolling for members". That was not my intention. As I also mentioned above I was only acknowledging the existence of another source of information for the C4 community.

I have received good and valuable information on issues I have had with all of my cars on the various boards I frequent. If I limited my research to just one source I know I would have missed getting the right answer on several occasions.

And while the folks at the ZR-1NetRegistry have been very helpful to me on issues with my ZR-1, they have taken the very narrow sighted stance that a minute spent on another site is a minute not spent on their site. I hope that is not the case here at CAC.
    Jim O.

(click on image to see a bigger version)
    "The Beast" & "The Toy" - Save the Wave...!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by GO_VETTE View Post
    NORSKY.............. I dont think it is appropriate to come here to CAC and solicit members.
    If you had done this at some other Corvette forum, they would have deleted your thread.
    If you were the CAC people, how would you feel?

As I mentioned above I am not trying to solicit members. Just sharing the fact that another resource of information has become available for C4 owners.

Let me ask this, if a new book about Corvettes appeared at the library or bookstore or a new magazine about Corvettes appeared on the rack at the supermarket or newstand would you look at it? I know I would, and I'd hope that you would also.

We all love our Corvettes and are constantly looking for more information about them. I know there are lots of sites out there that most of us don't even know about, yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

yeah...... we would look at the book at the library, but the library is not ringing our doorbell to say, "come take a look at me"
    you are full of SHIT!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I stand corrected.

My post was a response to my misunderstanding Norsky4360’s relationship to the new site. I see now that he is a mod on the C4's sister site, C3VR.

I agree with members sharing info because, well, after all, that’s why we’re all here and why visitors can read the various forums here at the CAC whether they are registered or not. That belief is why I did not respond negatively to the first post in this thread. I took it at face value… a member here sharing info with other members.

I took exception when I thought that Norsky was trolling for a specific site on which he is a Moderator. That would take it out of the “sharing” category and place it in the “trolling” or “free advertising” categories, either of which are contrary to the Terms of Service and Rules of Conduct here.

GO_VETTE, while we appreciate your support of the CAC, I must ask that you please refer to those Rules of Conduct here: ROC

This is allowed:
    This is not:

I see no reason to delete this thread ... but it is closed.

Members that disagree may PM me or other Staff if they so desire.

Jane Ann

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12