Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: New Exhaust

Corvette(s)
    1995 Z07
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default New Exhaust

Hello all. I know it's been a while. Just ordered a B&B 3" exhaust for my vette. Opinions....... it comes highly recomended. Heard some sound clips and sounds cool. Like the HP increase & sound. Is resonnance a big problem? Heard it is on some systems, Not using the X-pipe. Any other info would be cool.

BLAK Z07

Corvette(s)
    1991 Turquoise Metallic Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The ONLY C4 exhaust that does NOT resonate is the OEM and the Corsa exhaust. Both have one thing in common: only ONE of the exhaust tips per muffler work...the other one is a dummy.

I have the Corsa on my L98 and it is exactly what they advertise it to be. Quiet at idle and cruise, sounds awesome at WOT.

I've had another brand in there before (the one with oval tips) and those SOB's sounded great at idle but they were freakin' annoying at cruise. They eventually made long distance cruising very tiring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    The ONLY C4 exhaust that does NOT resonate is the OEM and the Corsa exhaust. Both have one thing in common: only ONE of the exhaust tips per muffler work...the other one is a dummy.

I have the Corsa on my L98 and it is exactly what they advertise it to be. Quiet at idle and cruise, sounds awesome at WOT.

I've had another brand in there before (the one with oval tips) and those SOB's sounded great at idle but they were freakin' annoying at cruise. They eventually made long distance cruising very tiring.

Me too

Corvette(s)
    (2) Black '93s, purple '81, '69 vintage racer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'm running the Bolra Catback which is fine, no real issues with resonnance. Life time warranty all stainless. Extremly easy to install. And, yes both outlets are functional. The 3 " may lose some bottom end for you, great for WOT.
    tcxd40

Corvette(s)
    2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I understand that B&B are one of the worst for resonance....I went with Corsa and love it.

Corvette(s)
    1988 Blue Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

When my Cat failed, I had a new exhaust system installed. I had a Flowmaster installed and I couldn't be happier. It sounds cool, and has not signs of problems. While it was being installed I researched exhaust systems and was affraid that it would be loud and have vibration problems. I am happy to say it works great, it is a little louder overall, but nothing like I was lead to fear.

It could be it was installed well, or that Flowmaster is a good system. Either way I currently recommend it.
    When I bought a fixer-upper because I thought it would be fun, I had no idea how much fun it would take.

Corvette(s)
    1995 Z07
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey Toms94, as far as resonnance issues go I heard that FLOWMASTER & MAGNAFLOW are the worst. of course all of this is subjective. The shop I use told me that all exhaust systems that are louder than stock produce resonnance, no way around it. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Thanks for replies from all.

BLAKZ07