• 1990-1995 ZR-1 Secondary Port Vacuum Diagnosis
  • 1990-1995 ZR-1 Secondary Port Vacuum Diagnosis

Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by ROUTE66
    Hi Rob. Thanks for your write up. I have a problem. My ZR1 has a vacuum leak! I called the local Chev dealer to get a new vacuum hose assemble. part #10145221, They told me they are no longer avallable from GM. Do you or anyone else know where I can find a new one? Thank You. Eli.
    Eli,

What does that part number go to?
    1990 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 , 350 Stock ZF 6-speed. Stock Bright Red

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default ZR1 Vacuum Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    Eli,

What does that part number go to?
    Hi Rob. Thanks for responding. It's called a Secondary port vacuum hose assembly. I got that part # from your post on[Secondary port throttle vacuum leak diagnosis] In one of your pictures it shows a set of vacuum lines & down below the picture is that part#. Im the original owner of a low milage 93. The other day when I went to start it it backfired & blew off a vacuum line at the MAP sensor. I put it back on IT runs ok except sometimes it has a slite hickup when giveing it gas after up shifting. I also found a small amount of oil in the vacuum connection at the MAP sensor. So I thought I would replace the vacuum lines. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thank you for the great info Rob! Like the picture of the Visitors!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Rob, great write up!! I'm a new member to the CAC and also a new member to the Corvette world. Being new I have been going through old post and really any info I can absorb to better understand the zr1. My z runs great and the previuos owner had the plenum off when he repaced the starter and checked for any vaccum leaks when he put everything back together. He said eveything underneath looked new, he said the dealer he bought the car from had just did a full tune up. I doubt they did. The wires and the plugs look original to me. My question is after reading this post I went out and turned the ing to the on position heard the pump come on and go off, but it came back on in about 15 seconds went off and then came back on in 15 seconds and just kept doing the same cycle. Is this normal or is this what you ment by cycling on and off? I will buy a vaccum tester this week and run a test that you outlined in this post. I want to thankyou again for so many of yours and everyone else on the forum that has the experiance with these awesome cars and shares that info with us newbeies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 1990 zr1

My vacume pump cycles on and off but has no affect on the performance of the car. As long as the pump maintains vacume why go to the trouble of replacing lines if the leak is not that bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 1990 zr1

Are there any qualified mechanics in California that will work on the LT5 engine?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default ZR1 Vacuum problem

The Secondary Port Throttle Control Solenoid is not working on my 1990 ZR1 and is no longer available. The dealer can only get one that looks similar part # 1997201. The connections are slightly different.
    Anyone know if this part will work.
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    The Secondary Port Throttle Control Solenoid is not working on my 1990 ZR1 and is no longer available. The dealer can only get one that looks similar part # 1997201. The connections are slightly different.
    Anyone know if this part will work.
    Thanks
    Good question! BUMP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

If this is the vacuum solenoid from a Suburban or Escalade. the answer is yes. This topic was
    recently addressed at the ZR-1 registry. the bracket is different but can be modified to work.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Use the truck part because all you need do is adapt the different bracket to the LT5. With the other choice, it sounds like you have to change the wiring and connections which may decrease reliability/durability.

Anyone have the PN for the truck solenoid?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks Dom and Hib,

Hammer (John) sent me this link and now I remember seeing it last year: Secondary port vacuum solenoid - ZR-1 Net Registry Forums Not sure if this is from a truck or not.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Craig,

Here's the post from the Registry that explains it pretty well.

Holding the box in my hand, ACD# 214-358 with GM# 1997212

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums - View Single Post - Secondary port vacuum solenoid

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by xfirez51 View Post
    Craig,

Here's the post from the Registry that explains it pretty well.

Holding the box in my hand, ACD# 214-358 with GM# 1997212

ZR-1 Net Registry Forums - View Single Post - Secondary port vacuum solenoid
    Thanks Dom. Man, this one is only $18 in Amazon.com; great deal on a substitute item.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12