$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    ssvett

Tonight I was talking to a customer/friend of mine. He brought up a good question......Where is the point of demarcation (a little phone company lingo there) for NCRS specs. Is it at the Corvette Plant or the Chevrolet Dealer. Example: The 1972(and others, I'm using 72 for instance) did not leave the St Louis plant with a luggage rack or right hand outside rearview mirror. These things were installed by the dealer. Would these items count against you for judgeing??????????As I said in an earlier post, I am a new NCRS memeber and have not yet ordered any judgeing materials, but I will soon.......Thanks......Steve

Corvette(s)
    1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Question demarcation?

Boy, Steve, here we go again. The standard is that the car appears as it did at the time of final assembly at St. Louis or Bowling Green. I am not aware of any points deductions for genuine Chevy/Corvette dealer accessories such as the luggage rack. Non Chevrolet parts would, of course, be a no no. I would suggest you purchase the NCRS Technical Information Manual and Judging Guides for the years you will be working on. Like the ad says, they are a culmination of everything currently known about each model. A must have if your customers are considering having their cars judged. My wife had a Chevrolet Accessory Graphic Equalizer installed by the dealer in her '81 when it was new. I have often wondered how a judge would look at that or if he had ever seen one before. Tom
    NCRS 1360.............SACC 2082.............C1 Registry..............L81 Registry
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette 1981 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 L81 automatic Frost Beige

ssvett

Tom, I posted this same ? on the "other" forum also. Got alot of good replys(Also got a little pixxing contest going) but the infamaous NCRS guru Juliet was the first to answer.....This is one I completely agree with. The answer as she quoted from the NCRS guide is.....St.Louis/Bowling Green. However, the point deductions are so low that with bonus points(other things that were not on the car originally) you could still top flight one. I just really thought it was an interesting question though...................Steve

Corvette(s)
    1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Flag NCRS

Steve, I'm glad you got your answer. I haven't done any judging in over 20 years and there are a lot of fine details that you need to know about to be a good one. It's good to have Juliet around to help us out with these questions. I still say,get the books. I'll be getting the newest '58 to '60 manual and guide before I dive in deeply on the '59. Even though the engine won't be original, the overall appearance will be a very correct car. Tom
    NCRS 1360.............SACC 2082.............C1 Registry..............L81 Registry
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette 1981 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 L81 automatic Frost Beige