Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: "ASE Certified"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default "ASE Certified"

If people only knew what a joke "ASE Certified" was they'd quit bringing their cars to shops that boasted they had ASE Certified technicians. When it became impossible to buy R-12 without an A/C license I went thru the hassle of taking the open pamphlet test one night while I was watching The Beverly Hillbillies so I could become ASE Certified in Automotive Air Conditioning. If I recall correctly it took me about an hour to skim thru the annoying 25-page pamphlet that has the answers scattered thruout the pages which meant I had to skim thru it over and over again. So if you're ASE Certified in something PLEASE don't brag about it.
    Dislikes Vettehead Mikey, KANE, Antz81, gmjunkie, BigJimZ16 disliked this post

Corvette(s)
    1973 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Please take your personal attacks somewhere else.

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by toobroketoretire View Post
    If people only knew what a joke "ASE Certified" was they'd quit bringing their cars to shops that boasted they had ASE Certified technicians. When it became impossible to buy R-12 without an A/C license I went thru the hassle of taking the open pamphlet test one night while I was watching The Beverly Hillbillies so I could become ASE Certified in Automotive Air Conditioning. If I recall correctly it took me about an hour to skim thru the annoying 25-page pamphlet that has the answers scattered thruout the pages which meant I had to skim thru it over and over again. So if you're ASE Certified in something PLEASE don't brag about it.

FWIW I am no big fan of ASE training but it is a requirement and there is nothing wrong with it. No one I know of is "bragging" about, I'm certainly not, but since I am certified I state it.

Just for the record toobroke, what career training do you have to openly flame ASE Certified training?
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by toobroketoretire View Post
    The CAC is a place where we enrich the hobby through sharing knowledge, experiences, and building camaraderie.

Please stick to the topic, which is C3 Technical and Performance. This thread is not about third generation Corvettes. Nor does it build a sense of camaraderie.

You are warned. Thread is locked.

KANE
    Corvette Action Center Moderator
    1982 Dark Blue Corvette
    Crossfire Injection | .496"/.495" Cam | AFR Eliminator Heads | EBL | 3.73
    0-60mph in four and a half seconds

1995 Trans Am
    1 of 1 Trans Am | 100% documented | RPOs 48U, MN6, and GU6
    1982 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 2k RPM Stall Converter + Updgraded Transmission + Governor Set For 5,450rpm Shifts 3.73 Code 42 Dark Mettalic Blue with a twist