Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: T56 Install

Corvette(s)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default T56 Install

I finished my T56 install. It is a good fit and really changed the car's performance. I changed the rear end to 3;73S. I still need to get the speedo hooked up. Is everyone using the cable x or digital speedos? It is about time to put her back on the road. I spent a year of research to determine which way to go on the upgrade, there is a lot of information out there. If you want to do this upgrade spend the time to see what works best for you. I was able to keep my manual clutch and the actual time was minimal. I would recommend this to anyone with mechanical skills and a welder. I have had this car for over 13 years and enjoy the work in the winter time and the summers on the road.

Corvette(s)
    Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Echo1 View Post
    I finished my T56 install. It is a good fit and really changed the car's performance. I changed the rear end to 3;73S. I still need to get the speedo hooked up. Is everyone using the cable x or digital speedos? It is about time to put her back on the road. I spent a year of research to determine which way to go on the upgrade, there is a lot of information out there. If you want to do this upgrade spend the time to see what works best for you. I was able to keep my manual clutch and the actual time was minimal. I would recommend this to anyone with mechanical skills and a welder. I have had this car for over 13 years and enjoy the work in the winter time and the summers on the road.
    You'll have to post pictures. I'm thinking a t5 swap is a cost effective swap for my '80.

Actually Echo, could you write a tech article in this area of the forum about your experience?

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...ticle-uploads/
    1982 Dark Blue Corvette
    Crossfire Injection | L83 | .465"/.488" Cam | EBL | 3.73
    0-60mph in 5 seconds

1995 Trans Am
    1 of 1 Trans Am | 100% documented | RPOs 48U, MN6, and GU6
    1982 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 2k RPM Stall Converter + Updgraded Transmission + Governor Set For 5,450rpm Shifts 3.73 Code 42 Dark Mettalic Blue with a twist