Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    82 Collector's Edition
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default All 82 Collector's Edition Owners

Where is the best place ( and price wise) to buy an AIM and Service Manual just for my 82 Collector's Edition. Really don't want a manual that covers 10 years of Corvettes, would much rather have one that exclusively cover the CE's......not that I don't like any other corvettes, absolutely not, I love them all! I mean what's not to love about any Corvette!

Just in case if there are Canucks out there, can we get them in Canada? Thanks everyone..............

Vette Gal

Corvette(s)
    1981 dark purple coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Corvette(s)
    82 Collector's Edition
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Thanks White Shadow, but the first one you listed the price is right only $20.00 but they want $26.00 to ship it to Canada. What's with that eh?

By the way is that a kitty climbing down the nose of your Vette? Oh no, another spoiled cat that can get away with anything........I have two also, that can do no wrong...even walk on the car! LOL
    Cheers Vette Gal

Corvette(s)
    1973 Black Stingray
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I got my AIM and Owners manual from Eckler's - just specify the year. $21.99 plus shipping. They suckered me into buying the Index as well. Not sure if it was really needed but it does come in handy the odd time. They also have the 82 owners manual (includes Collectors Edition) for $31.99. I also ordered a lot of other parts at the time so I can't tell what the exact shipping was to Canada. Eckler's uses FedEx Ground to Canada.
    I not a big fan of ebay because some -NOT ALL- sellers charge way too much for shipping outside of the States.
    The other problem right now is that the dollar isn't in our favour anymore. So you will be paying more for anything coming out the States.

Corvette(s)
    1973 Orange Metallic L-82 Coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

You can get the Corvette Shop Manual from Helm, Inc. Also you can get an AIM on CD from Corvette America.
    Save the wave

Corvette(s)
    1981 dark purple coupe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Gal View Post
    Thanks White Shadow, but the first one you listed the price is right only $20.00 but they want $26.00 to ship it to Canada. What's with that eh?

By the way is that a kitty climbing down the nose of your Vette? Oh no, another spoiled cat that can get away with anything........I have two also, that can do no wrong...even walk on the car! LOL
    Cheers Vette Gal
    haha ya thats my cat R2 (stands for rebel the second), she can do anything to my car, i couldn't get mad at her.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 04 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Vette Gal View Post
    Where is the best place ( and price wise) to buy an AIM and Service Manual just for my 82 Collector's Edition. (snip)
    Vette Gal
    What you need, "Vette Gal" is the Factory Service Manual (FSM) for a 1982 Corvette. That book covers all 82s including the CE.

The "Assembly Manual" is an optional, really. If all you plan is simple maintenance and basic repairs, the FSM is all you need and the Assembly Manual is unnecessary.

On the otherhand, if you're going to do advanced or heavy maintenance or you're planning some restoration work, then you need the Assembly Manual.

You can get the FSM from any of the Corvette aftermarket, such as Mid America Motorworks, Corvette Central or Zip Products. Most of those guys sell the Assembly Manual, as well.

My Wife, also, owns an 82 CE. Maybe you ladies should recruit a bunch of female Collector Edition owners, start a club and call it "Chicks in CEs".

All 82 Collector's Edition Owners 82ColEd's Avatar
    Corvette(s)
    1982 Collector Edition
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

"Chicks in CEs"? Very funny Hib.

Actually, i am heavily using the "Shop Manual" for troubleshooting stuff (I am thinking on buying a new one just because mine is getting cruddy).. LINK to EBAY one for reference! It helps me find issues and shows how to repair some stuff too.

The AIM is a good source to have, though honestly, i havent looked much in there, as i am not restoring mine just yet, though it came in handy to find a location of a part once.

Cant have enough Manuals, Lit etc anyways.. Go Shopping..

-Stefan

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Vetta Gal, I just updated my similar thread here. It may be of some assistance.
    And as Hib Halverson said above, you don't need anything specific "CE", as the CE was just an options package that didn't have anything different mechanically than the regular '82 Vette. The 82CE's were simply cosmetic differences.

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

ÄvÝ|ĶÜ°§Ů 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.