Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1978 L82 Pace Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 1969 4-speed for sale

My friend has his 1969 Corvette for sale... It is in the Atlanta area. I have a snapshot of it but let me know if you want digital pics of it sent to you as he doesn't have a dig camera but I do and I'd be glad to get them for you...

Here is some info on the car...

all original no mods
    A/C
    4-speed
    350/350 hp
    mileage- low 90k's however odo showing 72k (odo not working)
    engine/tranny rebuilt
    color- ext- blue/ int- blue
    been 12 years with current owner

price- 19,000 obo

let me know if you need more info

regards,

Craig

SwaveDave

Your friend is asking top dollar. For another $2-5,000 more, you can buy a very decent BB vette 1968-1970.

Dave

Corvette(s)
    !985 ,blue coupe, 4+3 Z51
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

The 350/350 is a very desirable engine option and has its own value. As far as performance , its actually close to standard the big block,especialy handling . I realize most big blocks go for more money and are more valuable , but the afore mentioned engine and the lt1 are no slouch either. Thats not a bad price if its nice and original. Milage is a little high though.

SwaveDave

The LT1 is a more desirable engine than the 350/350 ; 1970 LT1's are commanding a good dollar, as are BB's . My guess is, that, the owner is trying to recoup all or most of the motor/trans rebuild monies . $19,000 might be a starting price, but it shouldnt sell for more than $15,000, unless the car is in superb condition inside and out ; the market is soft right now also.

Dave

Corvette(s)
    1978 L82 Pace Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Gents,
    I understand your points. Most of the dealers around here in Atlanta are starting out at around 19k for even late 70"s Corvettes??!! And not coming down in price much at all, when in fact these late model Vettes should be around 9-12k for VG condition. His car is indeed in VG condition, however I cautioned him on his price- her stated higher...

thanks for your comments...

Craig

SwaveDave

Theres a big price difference then, between Atlanta and Chicago area ; generally speaking...southern cars seem to be in nicer shape--especially the frames.

Dave

Corvette(s)
    1978 L82 Pace Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

swavedave,
    What in your opinion would be the going rate on a 1978 Silver Anni L-82 w 4-spd? It's in Good cond. and the guy I bought it from here in Atl started out at $15,500- I gave him $12.5 for it. I thought that the '69 would be priced right between
    $16 - $19 for the very good condition- You mentioned $15, that's seem kind of low for a 35 y/o classic?

Just wondering...

Craig

HOTMOTORSPORTS

I don't see anything where it says Coupe or Conv. Just that info alone could sway the value in the amounts your discussing.

Chuck

SwaveDave

Im just going by what Corvette Fever reported a couple months ago in thier mag, Hemmings, Corvette and Chevy Trader, etc...

If you can get $19 k for the car, then more power upon you ! I dont see any harm in trying. Maybe people down south dont research it that well and are willing to pay the piper . Give it a try..you have nothing to loose, especially if you are in no rush to sell it.

Dave
    from up north.

1969D_Floyd

Default 1969 350/350 Coupe Value

I purchased my Vette from D&M Corvette (www.dmcorvette.com)near Chicago in 2001 for around $19k. It's in fantastic condition. Everything but paint is original & restored, 93k miles though. Pampered, garage kept & under cover. It would do well at Bloomington Gold. Thoughts of selling it makes my stomach sick! How could I part with this awesome car? Realistically, the show-car upkeep will likely be too much to manage. An upgrade to a more drivable C5 or C6 is likely down the road.