$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default C2 Plexi Headlight Covers

Hi C2 owners, my name is Mark Clapp from near Kansas City, MO. I'm an individual and have been making plexi parts such as headlight covers and windows for over eight years. I make headlight covers for the C2 vettes to have a Trans-Am look with fixed headlights. The covers wrap all the way under the headlight openings. The plastic will not crack so rocks/track debris are no problem. Also the plastic does not require special drill bits like you do for acrylic (Plexiglas). Any old bit will do fine with no cracking. I'm asking $100/pair. Feel free to email me at: mclapp5526@gmail.com or give me a call at: 816-286-6982 if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Mark Clapp
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c2-vette-1-jpg   corvette-light-covers-2-jpg   corvette-light-covers-3-jpg   c2-vette-2-jpg  
    Last edited by Mark Clapp; 11-27-15 at 05:02 PM. Reason: New email address.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hi C2 Guys and Gals, I wanted to add some photos of how others have made mountings for the lights. I will get measurements of the mounting pieces used in the first two pics. On the red car, they just painted the OE fixtures black and used the covers as a new "skin". I include L-braces made from the same plastic to mount the covers with if you choose to use them. From a short distance, the L-braces disappear and the covers look like they are floating on the car. I've heard that replacement light motor kits are around $1200 so this could be a way to fix/eliminate the motors all together at a good price.

Thanks,
    Mark Clapp
    816-286-6982
    mclapp5526@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c2-vette-3-jpg   c2-vette-4-jpg   c2-vette-7-jpg   c2-vette-8-jpg   c2-vette-9-jpg  

Last edited by Mark Clapp; 11-27-15 at 05:01 PM. Reason: new email address

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hi C2 Owners, I haven't posted in a while but wanted to say that I do still make the light covers for the C2 'vettes and have supplied sets to several Forum members lately. I get requests from guys that say the covers they've seen or bought have a very rounded over leading edge. The molds I have achieve a crisp front body line and the plastic is crystal clear and crack proof. Please email me at: mclapp5526@gmail.com if you have any questions and feel free to call anytime at: 816-286-6982. I'm still asking $100/pair and the shipping is covered with $20.

Thanks,
    Mark Clapp
    Likes Tom Bryant liked this post

Vintagevetter

Default Are you still in business making the plastic headlight covers?

Hi
    I just came across your post, but I noticed it was dated 2013, so I didn't know if any of the information was still valid
    I have a 63 Corvette Grand Sport Roadster ( Replica), and I would like to look into some new plastic covers. Just wondered
    if your covers will fit. Get back to me, if you get this message. Thanks

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hi Jeff,

I do still make the light covers for C2 'vettes. Sorry, but I don't make the Grand Sport covers since due the outside edges, these covers need to be vacuum formed, which I'm not set up to do yet.

Thanks,
    Mark Clapp
    816-286-6982

Vintagevetter

Default Thanks Mark

Hi Mark, Thanks for the quick reply. I thought the GS covers might be a problem, but I wanted to ask anyway. If you ever do start making
    the GS covers, let me know. thanks again

Jeff