Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 67Heaven Clone?

Corvette(s)
    1974 convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 67Heaven Clone?

I know it's in another board but this is a very interesting 1967.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=962844

Corvette(s)
    1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

A nice car for sure,

A clone of 67 heaven NO WAY

Corvette(s)
    White 66 vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Actually I saw that car two years ago. A clone nope.. Very nice vette though.. I'd definately sell my 66 for it... Dave..

Corvette(s)
    1974 convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I was joking about the clone aspect. But that's a pretty loaded, high HP car.

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Whoa...a Merlin motor? Zowies!
    I wonder...if his reserve is $25K, and he ony gets one bid at that price, isn't he obligated to sell it?

I'd almost be tempted to sell my "baby" and buy that car. Eeesh!
    I also figure that his HP rating is WITHOUT the nitrous shot.

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

€vř|µ†ˇ¤ń 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.

Corvette(s)
    1962 Silver/Red NOM 350
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Evolution1980
    I wonder...if his reserve is $25K, and he ony gets one bid at that price, isn't he obligated to sell it?
    It looks like his starting bid is $25K; the listing still says "Reserve not met", so the reserve is apparently higher than that.

Corvette(s)
    www.67HEAVEN.com
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Although I am reluctant to participate in a thread that pulls eyeballs away to another forum, since my car is mentioned, I'll comment.

I admire the car(s) in question for their ideas and workmanship. The car in the above link is in many ways more radical than mine.

The approach I took was to develop the design without deviating too far from the way the car was in the 60's. In most areas, I tried to accomplish that without making the changes too obvious.

Example: completely new suspension design -- visible only when on a hoist (or when trying to catch me through the turns )

Example: 502 -- the change is invisible to the average eye (even used the original 427 valve covers; left the 427 numbers on the hood)

Example: Richmond 5-speed -- invisible unless on a hoist (even used a replica Corvette Muncie stick on the Hurst shifter)

Example: interior -- completely stock appearance (original seats, dash, gauges and door panels; repro carpets and headliner. No white gauges, radio upgrades, etc.)

Example: wide body fenders -- massive width is invisible from the sides and obvious only to the trained eye from the front or rear (how does he get those big tires under there??? )

Example: Rally wheels with original '67 centers -- maybe just a teeny bit wider than stock)

Example: Hooker sidemounts (I ran sidemounts in the 60's )

Just call me subtle.

Corvette(s)
    '65 Fuelie Coupe, '78 L48 Cpe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 67HEAVEN
    Just call me subtle.
    Yeah Bob,

I have followed your car in traffic. Watching the folks reactions, I would say that it is about as subtle as a Top Fuel dragster showing up at a ricer race meet

Take care,
    Brian
    http://www.hayco.ca
    Love your families, cherish your friends and drive your vettes

Corvette(s)
    1963 & 2007 Z06 Coupes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I had exchanged e-mails and information a couple of years ago when he was building the car. They did a nice job on it but don't know why he is selling it now. It would be hard to replace for what he has put into it.

The one thing about these cars is that everyone takes their own approach and, even with some components being similar, each is unique as is 67 Heaven's. But "subtle" they are not.

Rich Lagasse
    New Web Site: Pictures of 62, 63, 66, 67, 80 and 2000 Corvettes and Garage workshop:http://www.richsclassiccorvettes.com/

Corvette(s)
    '02 Z28
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Fuelie
    Yeah Bob,

I have followed your car in traffic. Watching the folks reactions, I would say that it is about as subtle as a Top Fuel dragster showing up at a ricer race meet

Take care,
    Brian
    Subtle . Brain, have you noticed the sudden jump in whiplash / neck related claims locally in the short time the '67 was unleashed? Everyone follows him because he's only in your rear mirror for a second then he's in front of you. When the two of you just drive those amazing cars together what kaos you two can create as you go through town. Held back a little in design Bob? Sleeping giant? Subtle? . My bladder can't take this, I have to run again!

Corvette(s)
    2014 Convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Being one who has built very hi-profermance cars (96 Camaro SS. 500HP Supercharged), there are a couple of things to consider. First, people who like to build the cars, like the idea of building them, soon they become bored when finished and are ready to move on to the next car. Most people need to sell what they build in order to afford the next project. Once you have created your product, you like to have it, drive it, show it...then move on.

Next possibility, (and I am not saying this is the case) a car is built and has problems that are hard to fix, beyond the knowledge base of the builder, and it just problematic, so get rid of it to buy something else.

Another one, is the guy builds it, then loses interest, doesnt drive it, and eventually just wants to sell it to ....say....buy a boat???

Finally, the one that seems to be the most common....DIVORCE....need to sell....

These are the reasons I have ran across....mine was simple, it was a Camaro, and I was more interested in Corvettes (I had a 96 LT4 Collector at the time), never drove it, and wanted to get another Corvette my 63 that I have know....so I felt a car with as much modified as it was needed to be run more then I wanted to run it...so I sold it at Barrett and Jackson a couple of years ago....although I loved the car and the building processes....I don't really miss it because the 63 has kept me so busy...

Now the 63 is almost done...Forget it....not selling this for nothing

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by 67HEAVEN
    Although I am reluctant to participate in a thread that pulls eyeballs away to another forum, since my car is mentioned, I'll comment.
    We're talking about the car on eBay...forum, what other forum???

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

€vř|µ†ˇ¤ń 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes...Gone but not forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.