Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1963 Fuelie coupe, 1963 roadster
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Maybe beyond repair? or a real makings of a winter project

Not much to say.....Just plain sad. Actual Fuelie....
    Makes some of the Junk on eBay look easy.

studiog

Unfortunately it looks like a parts car now.

Corvette(s)
    White 66 vert
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

That could still make a great conversion car..OR return it to... That must be corvette bone yard though look at the 63-82 frame on it's side in the back ground.. If they don't want this car maybe it's worse than it appears in that photo....Dave.

Corvette(s)
    1957 and 1963
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Where did you find that photo?

It looks like a friend's car. He died in a northern California wreck while driving his '57 one night about 10 years ago.

Corvette(s)
    1973 coupe L82 (gone as casualty of divorce)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Hey, Vintagecorvette!! I just took a peek at your website and I love the shots of your Vette at Esquimalt Lagoon!

-Mac

Corvette(s)
    White 57 FI, 65 Nassau Blue, 94 ZR1 Red/Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by jerrybramlett
    Where did you find that photo?

It looks like a friend's car. He died in a northern California wreck while driving his '57 one night about 10 years ago.
    Jerry,

I thought some friends of his rebuilt the car for his widow.

Verle

I_R_DA_ONE

Vintage

straighting the frame will be the hardest part....does the title read salvage???...if it does I agree that it might be just a parts car.... the frame is the hardest part.. all the other parts are available thru different venders.....A lot of the front steering parts are simular to 53 and 54 chevy's.....
    good luck in your work
    Mike

mike weyman

I think she's a goner. imagine the cost to put it back together, not to mention the trips everywhere and back to get parts.
    you would do a lot better to buy a complete car and start from there.just my opinion. mike

ctjackster

http://www.wreckedexotics.com/corvette/

this one caught my eye:

must . . not . . . .kill . . . . auto transport . . . . driver . . . .

and since I have a Milano Maroon C2, this makes me especially sad:

Mrmike

Quote Originally Posted by mike weyman
    I think she's a goner. imagine the cost to put it back together, not to mention the trips everywhere and back to get parts.
    you would do a lot better to buy a complete car and start from there.just my opinion. mike
    Mike,

I would agree on a cost basis, but maybe not on a fun basis. One of my 58s started in probably worse shape. It was broadsided directly at the passenger side door pillar going toward the front of the car. Half the dash and aluminum skeleton was wiped out and all the fiberglass on the passenger front and nose killed, not to mention floor boards, heater cores engine parts frame etc. (you get the point). Looking back I am sure It would have been cheaper and easier to start over with purchasing a new driver but over time I have slowly put this thing back together and enjoyed every second of it. I figure I have between 1yr and 10 more yrs to go but I have a smile on my face most of the time when I am working on it and I have learned tons. It is definitely a labor of love for me and I would do it all over again.

Corvette(s)
    1974 convertible
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I would say several winters at the least!

Corvette(s)
    1959, 1958
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Even if you restore it, you still have to worry about it being haunted if someone met a tragic fate while driving it. Perhaps unexplained opening and closing of the glove box, spontanteous ignition events, creaking fiberglass, etc.

Corvette(s)
    1966,and a 1962 thats almost complete
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by loren59
    Even if you restore it, you still have to worry about it being haunted if someone met a tragic fate while driving it. Perhaps unexplained opening and closing of the glove box, spontanteous ignition events, creaking fiberglass, etc.
    Loren

You know I was looking for the supention out of a C4 for I project I was doing.

Some one told me of a local wrecked vette in a body shop going to the metal crusher and the entire car could be had for next to nothing.I went with my trailer to make a deal.When I arrived it was plane to see the car was invoulved in a fatality And I passed on the car.I ended up paying probably 10 more for the parts,but I just did not feel right removing parts from this car thinking it was somebodys dream car and that he the left this world in it.

Call me crazy But it certainly gave me the willys.crazy as it seems my hair was standing up on my neck and I had to leave quite embarresed and quick(never happened to me before in my life).

The shop owner had a GREAT laugh at my exspence,but I had to pass.(this car was close to free I was only paying what I fealt was beer money for the guys)

I shared it with my wife and she had said I should have got the car the guys car parts were going to a good cause and his cars spirit would have lived on instead of being picked apart or crushed.

Maybee she was right

ctjackster

I often encountered the same spooky issues when cruising the junk yards back in high school for parts for my or my pals' cars - alot of hair stuck in shattered windshields, blood on seats and carpet, and etc. (it gets worse, won't go into detail) coupled with the obvious personal items that put a human face and story on a life interrupted. Stacks and stacks of cars with a hurt-filled story to tell.

Never let it spook me out of the door or shifter console or whatever part I was after though, I was pretty bold and cold back in the day, at least that was what I wanted everyone to believe . . . now, after having been through a few "holy crap look at that car the guy must have died" wrecks myself, and having lost friends and family through that sort of thing, my outlook is somewhat different.