Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: IFS for C-1

Corvette(s)
    '59 Blk/Red, '71 Blk/Red
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default IFS for C-1

I've been toying (really wanting to) with the idea of putting a Jim Meyer IFS under the '59. Just waiting for the boss to let me spend the $$$. However, in a recent issue of Vette magazine I saw an ad for an IFS kit from an outfit in North Carolina called "Studley's Independent Rods". It looks to be quite a bit less expensive than the Jim Meyer set up. Has anyone heard of these guys ? Anyone had any experience with them ? Almost seems too good to be true (the ole "you get what you pay for scenario"), but if its real and they're reputable and I hear good things about them, I'm going to order one tomorrow !

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Bernie O

Corvette(s)
    1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

They have been around for several years that I know of. I have been looking at their extended Model A Truck cab for a few years. I wish they had more pictures of that suspension. It looks pretty nice. There may be more info on their Facebook page.

Tom
    NCRS 1360.............SACC 2082.............C1 Registry..............L81 Registry
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette 1981 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 L81 automatic Frost Beige

Corvette(s)
    15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Bwmurph View Post
    I've been toying (really wanting to) with the idea of putting a Jim Meyer IFS under the '59. Just waiting for the boss to let me spend the $$$. However, in a recent issue of Vette magazine I saw an ad for an IFS kit from an outfit in North Carolina called "Studley's Independent Rods". It looks to be quite a bit less expensive than the Jim Meyer set up. Has anyone heard of these guys ? Anyone had any experience with them ? Almost seems too good to be true (the ole "you get what you pay for scenario"), but if its real and they're reputable and I hear good things about them, I'm going to order one tomorrow !

Any thoughts are appreciated,

Bernie O
    I put a JMR front and rear suspension in my '60 when I redid it 11 years ago. Its a great set up. Here is a link to a free ebook I put together on the build of my car. If you have questions let me know...

Red Hot Updated Ebook by a Herb Turner creation | Blurb Books

regards, Herb
    2015 Z06, 2001 convertible 6 speed, 1960 5 speed with 383 stroker EFI Cross Ram, 63 SWC RESTOROD under construction