Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Corvette(s)
    1963 coupe black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 1963 coupe headliner

need help on how to install headliner . where do I start? side moldings? cant find any good info pics would be good. bigal883

Corvette(s)
    1959 black 270hp (9/2/69) 1981 Beige L81(10/20/80)
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Does the factory assembly manual show anything? Looking at some pictures I found it looks like you need to first remove the sun visors, Then, in order, the side windshield pillar mouldings, the side mouldings then the top windshield moulding. You may need to loosen the screws on the rear halo moulding and maybe loosen or remove the screws in the dome light to allow for the headliner to be pulled out and the new one inserted. Then replace the top w/s moulding and retighten it and the halo after you get the headliner aligned front to back and side to side. Then install the side mouldings, pillar mouldings and visors and dome light. It doesn't appear that there is any adhesive from these pictures. The assembly manual will show it if there is.

Pictures
    NCRS 1360.............SACC 2082.............C1 Registry..............L81 Registry
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette 1981 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 L81 automatic Frost Beige

Corvette(s)
    1963 coupe black
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bryant View Post
    Does the factory assembly manual show anything? Looking at some pictures I found it looks like you need to first remove the sun visors, Then, in order, the side windshield pillar mouldings, the side mouldings then the top windshield moulding. You may need to loosen the screws on the rear halo moulding and maybe loosen or remove the screws in the dome light to allow for the headliner to be pulled out and the new one inserted. Then replace the top w/s moulding and retighten it and the halo after you get the headliner aligned front to back and side to side. Then install the side mouldings, pillar mouldings and visors and dome light. It doesn't appear that there is any adhesive from these pictures. The assembly manual will show it if there is.

Pictures
    Ok thanks for info I think I have a good idea now. I didn't take the old one out someone else did so couldn't figure it out . thought it went in groove where lip is open about 1/2 would not fit. Thanks again. bigal883.