Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I paid $1000. for my '59 also. The dual 4's were gone as well as the original block but it had new paint and a 4 speed. If I'd have known what was under that paint I'd have walked away from this one.

Here's a picture of it just after I bought it in August of '69 and one today.
    1959 Chevrolet Corvette 1981 Chevrolet Corvette , 350 L81 automatic Frost Beige

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bryant View Post
    I paid $1000. for my '59 also.
    You boys paid too much fer them fancy paint jobbies.

My paint-delete '59 cost me $400 in 1969 dollars.

Sold it for $525. Whooo-eeee didn't I make a killin'!

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Attachment 21647
    My father purchased the car in 66 in all red. Here it is in Merritt Island Florida in 1971 with metal flake red paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 1954 Corvettes

The pictures were taken about 1975 in Stillwater, Ok.
    He wanted about $400 for the one outside and about $800 for the black one inside. I didn't have the money, didn't have a place to put them and didn't think they were worth that much anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I wonder why they both have holes in the hoods over the carbs? Do you suppose someone put on an aftermarket manifold with downdraft carbs?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Nobody ever loaned me a Corvette when I was 17. That must have been a fun time. Can't ever see enough of John's Nailhead '53 either.

Here's one that my friend had in the '60s It was stolen in CA in 1969 when he was in the Marines. It had '58 tail lamps and coves and a diamond tufted interior. The FI engine was bored to 301. Hardtop only.
    Tom, i just noticed. LOOK AT PICTURE OF THE ENGINE. CAN YOU BLOW THAT UP FOR US ALL TO SEE ? THAT IS AN AIR BOX 57 ENGINE COMNPARTMENT. ONE OF 43 CARS MADE !

We have found 29 of the originals. If your friend has the vin number, i may be able to reunite he and the car one again.
    enjoying the hobby since 1969

http://www.vettefinderjim.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I'll give it a try. I have an original scan of the old photo. I have been after him for years to locate the title to this car or go to the Indiana BMV for a copy. I thought that enough time may have passed for the car to surface again on a registry or NCRS judging record.

I honestly don't recall the air box in this car when I worked on it. I may not have known the difference back then anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Interior with column mount tach. Don't remember if it was an AC or not. Looks like a Sun

I'm sorry these pictures are so bad but they are old and not the best when new.

This is as good as it gets. I goes way grainy larger and the shadow areas are just plain black. Using Photoshop nothing comes out of the shadow areas no matter what I do.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

This isn't much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

I wonder why they both have holes in the hoods over the carbs? Do you suppose someone put on an aftermarket manifold with downdraft carbs?
    That would be my guess, the hole is in the right place, maybe three one barrels.

I have wondered what happened to those cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default The all around car

The old numbers matching 62 was a do it all kind of car.
    The road kill raccoon pelt sold for $6 at a time when lead free American hi-test was going for 28 cents. Never could pass up a fresh road kill.
    My pet raccoon was a great help with those thin flexible fingers. the raccon and buick snow tires came in handy on the early vettes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default Ah, the memories.... do over WTB

Fawn/fawn 62 with a 63/340 pieces on a new CE block ran good, 2 tops, bought it for $400 in 1972. Started to strip it in this photo. Some of the cars even back then were used and abused beyond their years.

Racer in a gas station just south of Newton. Anyone from north Jersey recognize it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default 61 with deer

I saw this on the NCRS site and thought everyone would get a kick out of it. This goes back to the days when they were just cars and used for everything. Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

A little hard on the hardtop window but as you said, they were just cars at one time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

Default don't ask how I know

A nice deer like that will easily fit in the trunk of a 62. Might have to keep the bow and quiver in the passenger seat.

Ever see a deer in the 'trunk' of a vdub? looks like the car is eating the deer with both ends hanging out. So you might justify the corvette as being more ulitarian than a vdub.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast