$projecthp
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 1959 Frame?

1965 Tommy

Default 1959 Frame?

I am in need of a 1959 Vette frame. Mine is swiss cheese. Can I buy these new?

Corvette(s)
    1965 Coupe L76 / 1978 L82
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides

yes, C1, C2, and C3 frames are being reproduced using the original GM-owned stamping dies.
    These are exact reproduction frames for your car.
    http://www.vetteproducts.net/

pricing isn't cheap, a C1 frame for the '58-'60 cars is $4295 but it will be perfect.

Another alternative is to find a good used frame such as on eBay or some vendors. A lot of people are now doing the restro-mods to their cars using aftermarket frames such as the SRIII tube frames and others available out there and they sell off their older frames. many of these used frames are in good condition and may just need some sandblasting and new paint to make it worthwhile. If you can find a good condition used frame it should be significantly less expense although buying the new one from the link above assures you that the frame is is perfect and excellent condition with no prior repairs, welding, twisting, or whatever done to it.

BTW, there is an excellent article by John Hinckley (JohnZ here on the forum) about the company, Vette Products of Michigan, that is making the repro frames linked to above, in the July, 2008 issue of Corvette Enthusiast magazine.

1965 Milano Maroon Coupe 327/365
    1978 Dark Blue L82

our website in progress
    http://www.lbfun.com

1965 Tommy

Default Thanks

Thank You I did find a used frame from a member. I am on my way to a nice restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
    yes, C1, C2, and C3 frames are being reproduced using the original GM-owned stamping dies.
    These are exact reproduction frames for your car.
    http://www.vetteproducts.net/

pricing isn't cheap, a C1 frame for the '58-'60 cars is $4295 but it will be perfect.

Another alternative is to find a good used frame such as on eBay or some vendors. A lot of people are now doing the restro-mods to their cars using aftermarket frames such as the SRIII tube frames and others available out there and they sell off their older frames. many of these used frames are in good condition and may just need some sandblasting and new paint to make it worthwhile. If you can find a good condition used frame it should be significantly less expense although buying the new one from the link above assures you that the frame is is perfect and excellent condition with no prior repairs, welding, twisting, or whatever done to it.

BTW, there is an excellent article by John Hinckley (JohnZ here on the forum) about the company, Vette Products of Michigan, that is making the repro frames linked to above, in the July, 2008 issue of Corvette Enthusiast magazine.