PDA

View Full Version : Greetings From Missa Damn Sippi Yankee

Craigars 84 Vette
10-29-07, 09:37 AM
Hey Y'all just wanted to drop in and say howdy and thanks in advance to those who will likely be there to help when I need it........and I will. I'm in the military and have landed myself in MS and love where I'm at "Good People". I've got my 1st Vette, 1984 White with Carmine Red interior. Body's in good shape, interior's in good shape give or take a few things, however the targa top has a seam down the middle and has been plasta welded ( ? ) and then some bubba put white tape over it to cleverly hide it from some unsuspecting fool (that would be me) there's more to the story. The engine ran fine but the car sits for now. Prior to buying the car I noticed a leak and made a deal that if the compression checked out OK I'd split the cost to have the pan gasket replaced. Compression was good, gasket replaced,......Received call from mechanic (How many quarts of oil does this car take) Seller calls son, son says 9-10..........need I say more?? I've looked at the pan and it looks stock to me. I'm thinking the wrong dipstick is in this thing. Enough is enough.......... Looking forward to linking up with y'all and God Bless!

:wCraigarT

Craigars 84 Vette
10-29-07, 09:40 AM
By the way......Does anybody know how long the dipstick is supposed to be for the '84 Vette? I've got lots of questions but we'll start with this one. Thanx!

Erik S. Klein
10-29-07, 10:35 AM
Welcome to the CAC!

Enjoy!

(And I hope you get your dipstick fixed. . . ;))

jrose7004
10-29-07, 10:38 AM
Welcome to CAC!:w

Craigars 84 Vette
10-29-07, 10:58 AM
LOL Thanks! Some day I'll be able to afford a real Corvette. This one's got some potential and it did drive and handle pretty good when it was running. Only time will tell.

XLR8
10-29-07, 02:10 PM
:welcome

Welcome Craig and good luck with your C4. In case you haven't found it yet, here's a link to the 1984 page in the Tech Center>Model Center. Click me for 1984 Model info (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c4/1984/index.html)

:wJane Ann

Tritium007
10-29-07, 02:31 PM
Does anybody know how long the dipstick is supposed to be for the '84 Vette

Apparently, in the case of previous owner, long enough to reach the gas pedal from the driver's seat.

Welcome to the CAC! Thanks for serving :pat

Craigars 84 Vette
10-29-07, 03:08 PM
LOL I can tell we're going to have fun here. Thanx......... I tried to make it sound as clean as possible but I just knew somebody out there was going to go there. Oh yeah....Thanks for the link I'll check it out.

bill81vette
10-29-07, 03:45 PM
welcome to CAC!!!:welcome
enjoy the vette and the forums!!!!!!

I guess the previous owner was a dipstick huh???:boogie:boogie

Craigars 84 Vette
10-29-07, 04:02 PM
You've got that right! Can't really blame anyone other than my self on this deal. Lessons learned. Don't trust family when they're short on cash, Don't trust their friends, and Always do alot of research prior to investing.

CraigarT

67vet
10-29-07, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the CAC. :w Thanks for your service to our country.

MsSchroder
10-29-07, 09:50 PM
Craigar,
Welcome to the CAC and thank you for your service.
Just look upon the 84 as a project, a learning experience. Hopefully you'll get the little things sorted out and everything will be ok.

Tammy

Craigars 84 Vette
10-30-07, 10:13 AM
Craigar,
Welcome to the CAC and thank you for your service.
Just look upon the 84 as a project, a learning experience. Hopefully you'll get the little things sorted out and everything will be ok.

Tammy

Thank You Tammy:ugh

jim coulter
10-30-07, 11:48 AM
Welcome from Tennessee. :beer
84's a great car. Quick and handles great. :upthumbs
Lots if information here and at http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/ for crossfire's

AColbe01
10-30-07, 12:38 PM
Watch out for those Southern Belles down there, some of them know how to wrap a 6ft man around a 3/8 inch pinky!

Good to have you aboard, lot of good people and information in here.

:beer

Andy

BlackZ51Vett
10-31-07, 05:42 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

hoosierdaddy
10-31-07, 04:23 PM
Welcome CraigarT to CORVETTE ACTION CENTER, glad you could join us. Also thank you very much for your service and sacrifices to this GREAT COUNTRY that we all call home.

Bill

82ColEd
11-01-07, 09:27 AM
Welcome to the CAC!

:w
-Stefan

Craigars 84 Vette
11-06-07, 08:53 AM
Thank Y'all I really appreciate the warm welcome and your words of support. This is a very uneasy and unpopular war and although many oppose what's going on, the negativity gets back to the war front. They (Our Soldiers), really need to hear positive feed back. (Serious as a heart attack) Pass It On, Please!!

Daryllawman
11-06-07, 04:16 PM
Hello and welcome to the Corvette Action Center.

hoosierdaddy
11-06-07, 06:36 PM
Thank Y'all I really appreciate the warm welcome and your words of support. This is a very uneasy and unpopular war and although many oppose what's going on, the negativity gets back to the war front. They (Our Soldiers), really need to hear positive feed back. (Serious as a heart attack) Pass It On, Please!!

I would second that; a soldier goes where he is told and does the job he is told to do. So we all need to seperate the politics and no matter what stand behind the troops. I would extend to those that would not want or choose to stand behind the troops to stand in front of them on the battle field.

MAY GOD BLESS AND WATCH OVER ALL THE TROOPS OF PEACHFUL NATIONS

Bill :pat

billyz06-2003
11-12-07, 01:28 AM
welcome to the cac.:beerBilly