PDA

View Full Version : Woooo Hooooo - The Day is Finally Here

commvette
07-17-07, 09:26 PM
:bashHey All,
oops, looks like I screwed up my first posting. Sorry!!

jrose7004
07-17-07, 09:43 PM
Welcome!:w

commvette
07-17-07, 09:53 PM
Hey All,
The day I have been looking forward to for almost 50 years is finally here. Iíve seen them go down the road day after day telling myself one of these days. Quite a few of my good friends have one and Iíve been so jealous. Each owner I have met has been truly a great person and turned into a close friend. In fact I came real close back in 1978 of owning my first but just couldnít swing it. So, a wife, 6 kids and 3 grandchildren later my dream has become a reality. I just purchased my first Corvette. It is a 2004 Commemorative LeMans Blue convertible and I have this huge grin from ear to ear all the time now. Looking forward to chatting with you all from time to time.

Woooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!!!!! :cool
commvette

Toms007
07-17-07, 10:02 PM
Congrats and a big welcome.

commvette
07-17-07, 10:09 PM
Tx JROSE7004, Sorry for the " blank " double post. I am real new to this forum thing :L

commvette
07-17-07, 10:15 PM
TX man, this site looks great and from what I've read so far, the people are awsome...

ScottNoxid
07-17-07, 10:17 PM
Hey All,
The day I have been looking forward to for almost 50 years is finally here. Iíve seen them go down the road day after day telling myself one of these days. Quite a few of my good friends have one and Iíve been so jealous. Each owner I have met has been truly a great person and turned into a close friend. In fact I came real close back in 1978 of owning my first but just couldnít swing it. So, a wife, 6 kids and 3 grandchildren later my dream has become a reality. I just purchased my first Corvette. It is a 2004 Commemorative LeMans Blue convertible and I have this huge grin from ear to ear all the time now. Looking forward to chatting with you all from time to time.

Woooooo Hoooooooooooo!!!!!!! :cool
commvette
High Fives Commvette, I just came through Tampa about 1:00 PM, on I 75, I am on my way home from picking up my 2001 Yeller ragtop:v in Miami and I know the feeling, nothing can campare to it. I am in my hotel room in Atlanta doing my usual evening with the CAC, what a great group of people:CAC, I just love them. And you will toooooo. Scott:beer

commvette
07-17-07, 10:27 PM
Hey Scott,
Hope you missed the storms that went thru today. It is a daily thing here this time of year.

Thanks for the welcome :Steer

Erik S. Klein
07-17-07, 10:31 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the CAC!

I'm sorry to break this to you, but the grin is permanent.

Enjoy!

:Steer

ScottNoxid
07-17-07, 11:31 PM
Hey Scott,
Hope you missed the storms that went thru today. It is a daily thing here this time of year.

Thanks for the welcome :Steer
Guess What? I was crusing with the top down;LOLand I couldn't find a rest stop soon enough;shrug but I got lucky, everything is well. Looking forward to seeing you at one of our tours. Scott:beer

XLR8
07-18-07, 12:14 AM
Congrats on your double dose of good luck - your first Covette (a Commemorative Edition Convertible too - WOW!!) AND you found the :CAC.

Get used to the grin... like Erik said, it's permanent!

:wJane Ann

XLR8
07-18-07, 12:24 AM
I merged both of your New Member threads to avoid confusion. ;)

BTW - SWEET!!!

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=13810&d=1184727136

Jane Ann

Guy
07-18-07, 02:39 AM
Welcome to the :CAC from an ex-Seffner guy.

Love those 04 CEs.

:w
Guy

commvette
07-18-07, 05:43 AM
Thanks all for the warm welcome, (and for fixing my 2bl post screw up :boogie) This really looks to be a great place to visit and make new friends. Looking fwd to the wealth of knowledge out there..
Gary

6 Shooter
07-18-07, 05:43 AM
BTW - Roadster's Rule! :beer

:lou

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

commvette
07-18-07, 05:54 AM
Congrats on your double dose of good luck - your first Covette (a Commemorative Edition Convertible too - WOW!!) AND you found the :CAC.

Get used to the grin... like Erik said, it's permanent!

Hi Jane Ann, I see you did the Dragon, what did you think? Pretty awsome road isn't it. I've been going up there every year with a group of friends but on motorcycles (cruisers not crotch rockets). I believe next time will be in the vette..:D Gary

Vette_Dreaming
07-18-07, 08:09 AM
Congrats, I know how you must be feeling, I just got mine in March after about the same wait. Have fun with, I am.

billyz06-2003
07-19-07, 12:43 AM
congrets on the 2004 really looks great, have fun and welcome to the cac.;):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)Billy

commvette
07-19-07, 06:35 AM
Thanks all for the great welcome. I know this is going to be alot of fun.... :w

Johnnykretentiv
07-19-07, 06:39 AM
Congrats!!!!! Welcome to CAC. Enjoy that new ride.

BlackZ51Vett
07-19-07, 07:11 AM
Welcome aboard. Enjoy !!!! :beer

commvette
07-19-07, 06:15 PM
Thanks Guys,
I've got alot to do (since it's all stock) and alot to learn. I hope you all are around for awhile :L

Bobsvette
07-19-07, 06:57 PM
Just got home from work and I see we have a new excited member. I haven't been here that long myself but it won't take long to make a bunch of great new friends. Last year was my first going out to carlisle and I was ale to meet quite a few in person, Great bunch of people in here, Have fun!:upthumbs

MsSchroder
07-19-07, 07:14 PM
Gary,
Welcome! Your car is beautiful.
You should try the dragon in a vette. It is still a lot of fun, and you don't have to worry about dragging the footpegs and pipes in the turns :upthumbs

Tammy

hoosierdaddy
07-19-07, 09:49 PM
Welcome Gary to CAC and congratulations on the Vette; sure is pretty!!!

Bill

commvette
07-19-07, 10:39 PM
WOW! This is great. I've only been a member for 3 days and have made 15 new friends.
:beer
Thanks guys and girls for the warm welcome.

Gary

XLR8
07-19-07, 11:22 PM
Hi Jane Ann, I see you did the Dragon, what did you think? Pretty awsome road isn't it. I've been going up there every year with a group of friends but on motorcycles (cruisers not crotch rockets). I believe next time will be in the vette..:D Gary

I love the Dragon, Gary. I went twice this summer and can't wait to go back again in the Fall. A group from the SE region of the CAC is getting together in October for some cruising and socializing and the Dragon is definitely on the menu.

Here's a link in case you're interested and available. Click ME (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96760)