PDA

View Full Version : C6 Chrome Wheels

mperrysr
04-02-06, 01:58 PM
I have an order in for a black 06 coupe. The order was placed more than 2 weeks ago and I have not received a build date yet. I am worried that chrome wheels have delayed the process. I've sold my 2000 C5 and my vette room needs a vette. Anyone know the status of production on the chrome wheels? mperrysr

MsSchroder
04-02-06, 02:26 PM
Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.
Is your order for an 06 or an 07?

Is the wheel you're talking about this one: Chromed Aluminum Wheel (QX3)?

I found something from March 10 here (click (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81438))
They may be catching up on the backlog.

Someone else may come along who has more info.

Tammy

mperrysr
04-02-06, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the info. Your car looks great. Mine is an 06. I almost ordered the yellow also. Mike Canton GA

MsSchroder
04-03-06, 08:12 AM
Thanks!
Did they give you any idea about how long the build process would take?

On June 1-3, the CAC will have our annual CruiseFest in Bowling Green. If you've never been to the Corvette Museum and Assembly Plant (or even if you have), you should join us. Regardless of whether you vette is ready or not. It is only about a 5 hour drive from Atlanta- even less from Canton.

Tammy

mperrysr
04-03-06, 09:02 AM
The dealership said 6 to 8 weeks. I have been to NCM but not the plant. I hope I can come up in the 06 in June. Thanks MP

jonsflavette
04-04-06, 06:51 PM
The dealership said 6 to 8 weeks. I have been to NCM but not the plant. I hope I can come up in the 06 in June. Thanks MP

DITTO, my dealership, which is pretty large in PB county Fl. said "6-8 weeks" it's been about 5 and I just got my order number - with NO build date yet. I've been a little disappointed, I look like an idiot with some upgrades showing up from UPS, and NO car! LOL - They told me about 2-4 weeks from now, so that would not be much out of line. I changed to the silver painted (stock) wheels, from the chrome, to expedite the car with all the horror stories I was hearing about the chrome/polished wheels. In some ways I am thinking it may be a blessing in disquise, I think I can get about 600.00 or so for the stock GM factory wheels from what I hear. I really like some of the aftermarket wheels that are out there. NOT the cheap ebay mass ones, but some that really set the car off. You take the 2K on the chrome wheels, and some bucks from the stock wheels, and I think you can get some real nice , more unique wheels. Or at least, that my plan now.

mperrysr
04-04-06, 07:54 PM
I traded out for chrome wheels on my C5. They were factory and came off another C5 same year (2000). The tire pressure monitoring sensors were not tranferred from my original wheels to the chrome. Partly due to ignorance, but also what a pain that would have been. Consequently, my tire pressure monitoring system did not work again because I was unwilling to pay the $550on four new sensors. Make sure your aftermarket wheel shop tranfers your original sensors. Good luck. This is one reason I ordered the factory chrome this time and bit the 2K bullet. I will wait the extra days this time around. I also have upgrades showing up with no car.

jonsflavette
04-04-06, 08:13 PM
Good point, and thanks, I thought about the sensors also, I have never had a car equiped with them. The tire / wheel guy has been here for 43 years, and deals mostly with high end europeon cars, seems to know his stuff, I was a little put off by the "up-pidy attitude" I initially felt, I love my AMERICAN cars, but he seems to know his stuff. He told me he would transfer and install the fac. sensors, and mount/balance @ 26.00 per wheel. Does that seem unrealistic?

mperrysr
04-08-06, 10:25 AM
Not at all. Sounds like you are all set. Good luck. Mike

corvetteconti
04-14-06, 05:59 PM
I have an order in for a black 06 coupe. The order was placed more than 2 weeks ago and I have not received a build date yet. I am worried that chrome wheels have delayed the process. I've sold my 2000 C5 and my vette room needs a vette. Anyone know the status of production on the chrome wheels? mperrysr

if your order was lace 2 weeks ago, will not be held up ...make sure the dealer has the QX3 code on your order or you will not get them - they look great - good luck , I have had 3 sets come through already and well worth the wait!

The Drakester
05-27-06, 06:03 AM
Funny. I just ordered a 2006 with polished wheels. Got a call the day after the order saying that the polished wheels were on allocation, so I opted for chrome wheels, which were available.

mperrysr
05-28-06, 05:35 PM
Funny. I just ordered a 2006 with polished wheels. Got a call the day after the order saying that the polished wheels were on allocation, so I opted for chrome wheels, which were available.

The chrome are really good looking. I've had the car a month and the chrome wheels make the car. Love the paddle shifter as well.