PDA

View Full Version : Midyear stereo suggestions

65Tuxedo
01-01-02, 04:29 PM
I would like to hear from any of you who have put an aftermarket stereo in their midyear. What's good, what's not? Help me out guys.

Eric
01-04-02, 10:34 PM
Mine isn't a mid-year but I'm just curious, are you planning on doing an in-dash system or a rear mounted trick system in a box?

65Tuxedo
01-05-02, 06:57 PM
Trying to decide what kind of system. Had hoped to hear from folks who had put one of the cassette systems made for a midyear in their dash. My current solution is headphones, which is not the answer. JBL

rbyrne
01-06-02, 11:24 AM
Try Custom Autosound. They make upgraded stereos that look like the originals for Corvettes and Mustangs etc. I have one in my 63 and it fits the hole perfectly and even uses the original knobs. I need my reading glasses though to see the buttons but it works well and sounds great. They now have a system that is completely hidden and run by remote. You leave your old radio in the dash and hide the new wherever you want.

ROCKO
01-20-02, 10:38 PM
Like another CAC member said the best place is Custom Autosound in Anaheim California. I bought one for my 88 and it fit perfectly and I was ablt to use factory harness and plugs. What's neat you can buy the radio and cd changer, speakers and everything in one place. Good luck.

Rocko:cool

61 Silver
01-21-02, 02:56 PM
Hi!

I purchased a stereo from Crutchfield for my 1961. You can buy different types, and the one that I purchased has a wired remote. I left the original Wonderbar AM radio in place and built a removable box to house the new radio and one set of speakers. The radio is stored in the trunk, and can be removed by unpluging a couple wires. I plan on doing the same for my wifes 1965 Roadster except that they make a remote receiver that will operate through your original FM stereo .(no trunk)
Just a thought!

Ray