PDA

View Full Version : Corvette Owners and Sunoco Gasoline

Rob
08-11-04, 11:19 AM
Just a little bit of an FYI for those of you living in the MidAtlantic region of the U.S. Last weekend, I stopped at a local Sunoco Gas Station here in the Northern Virginia area to fill up my Corvette with Sunoco Ultra 94 octane fuel. When I pulled up to the pump, I realized they no longer carried it.

Upon talking to the attendant, he informed me that 94 octane was being phased out across the country this year. 93 octane would be phased out next year, and 91 octane the following year. He told me "due to congressional demand", the only fuels that will be available in the U.S. in years to come will be 87 and 89 octane.

I contacted Sunoco Corporation here in the U.S. to inquire about this. Below is their official response:

-------------------------
In your region, the 94/93/89/87 offering is being changed to 93/91/89/87 at some locations and 93/89/87 at others. We have bought a lot of stations in the area which do not allow us to blend 4 grades. Plus, when gas prices run up, consumers buy less premium, putting price pressures on premium fuels, making it even more difficult to justify keeping a 94 octane fuel around.

There is no plan to end up with only 89 and 87 octane fuels. Many cars on the road, and many on the drawing boards of car companies, require premium octane fuels, so we have no intention of ignoring some of our best customers.

Thanks for the question,
Mike Miller / Sunoco Product Development

*89x2*
08-11-04, 06:50 PM
Upon talking to the attendant, he informed me that 94 octane was being phased out across the country this year. 93 octane would be phased out next year, and 91 octane the following year. He told me "due to congressional demand", the only fuels that will be available in the U.S. in years to come will be 87 and 89 octane.
I guess the attendant didn't quite have the facts right :eek

a world w/out 93 octane would be a tough one w/ the way performance (cars) are heading...

Zippy
08-11-04, 06:59 PM
:bu Good info, thanks Rob!

Here in the Detroit area, Shell just released a new premium, called V-power (I think).

Zippy :) :)

C4Tom
08-11-04, 09:15 PM
V-Power is here in Indiana as well. I filled with it last week and it seems to be okay. Haven't seen anything significant about it though.

jhong321
08-12-04, 01:24 AM
out here in california there is only 87,89,and 91 this really sucks

RichHeald
08-12-04, 06:59 PM
Here in the Augusta, Maine area we do not have many Shell stations but they do have V Power fuel. I haven`t stopped to get any yet and don`t know the octane rating. Whats the story with "V Power"?

Rob
08-12-04, 08:21 PM
Here in the Augusta, Maine area we do not have many Shell stations but they do have V Power fuel. I haven`t stopped to get any yet and don`t know the octane rating. Whats the story with "V Power"?
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=pr>Press Release</TD><TD class=ps align=right>Source: Shell Oil Products US</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Shell Launches New Shell V-Power(R), Its Most Advanced Fuel Ever
Tuesday July 6, 9:24 am ET <TABLE height=4 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=4></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>New Premium Gasoline Actively Cleans as Cars Are Driven, Has More Than Five Times the Minimum Amount of Cleaning Agents Required By Government Standards

HOUSTON, July 6 /PRNewswire/ -- As they prepare to head down the road to a beach, a barbecue or a backyard celebration, motorists traveling this summer will be able to fill up with a new premium fuel -- Shell V-Power. The most advanced Shell fuel ever developed, Shell V-Power actively cleans critical engine parts -- specifically intake valves and fuel injectors -- as customers drive their cars. New Shell V-Power is available at Shell stations across the country. <LI>(Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990716/SHELL (http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/19990716/SHELL) )

To view the Multimedia News Release, complete with video, audio, and Hi- Res images, go to: http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/shell/12509/ (http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/shell/12509/)

Shell V-Power has more than five times the minimum amount of cleaning agents required by government standards, according to Mark Henry, manager of fuels for Shell Oil Products US. Just as the exterior of a vehicle accumulates dirt and other build-up over time, a vehicle's engine may also accumulate build-up if it runs on low-detergent fuels. With regular use of Shell V-Power, drivers can clean their vehicles' intake valves and fuel injectors as they drive.

"When your drains and pipes are clogged, you use a clog remover that can clean soap scum and food build-up so that water can move more efficiently through them," Henry explained. "Similarly, Shell V-Power can remove carbon deposits left behind by low detergency gasolines so that the air and fuel can mix more efficiently inside your vehicle's engine -- cleaning your car's engine as you drive. With millions of Americans planning to hit the road for vacations and road trips this summer, now is the perfect time to experience the benefits of this new fuel."

Bob Weber, on-site mechanic for TheCarConnection.com, affirms that keeping a vehicle's engine clean is important. "Gasolines with inadequate additive packages can leave spongy carbon deposits in the engine. As a result, the spongy build-up may absorb fuel, which may cause a vehicle to experience hesitation during its warm-up period," he explained. "To prevent carbon build-up, drivers should use quality gasolines that are high in additives or cleaning agents."

Shell, which enjoys a position as the No. 1 selling gasoline brand in the United States, tested Shell V-Power prior to its introduction through independent, third-party testing facilities and at the company's advanced Westhollow Technology Center, a fuel testing facility in Houston. Over the course of more than a year, this advanced fuel formulation was exposed to laboratory tests, engine test beds, and actual driving tests in vehicles of various makes, models and ages.

The tests proved that Shell V-Power helps remove deposits and can protect your engine from future carbon deposit build up. Removing these deposits is important because an engine will work most effectively when it has the maximum amount of air and an exact amount of fuel to burn together. Unfortunately, engines that have carbon deposit build up on intake valves and fuel injectors, may work less effectively while the engine is warming up to its normal operating temperature. If these deposits aren't removed, the vehicle may experience hesitation during the engine's initial warm-up phase.

"For most consumers, a car, truck or SUV represents the second-largest -- if not the largest -- purchase they will make during their lifetime, so it's important to protect that investment," Henry said. "Just as washing and waxing a car helps keep a car clean on the outside, using a high-quality, high-detergency fuel can keep intake valves and fuel injectors clean on the inside."

Consumers will hear about new Shell V-Power through a $30 million national communications campaign, including print, television, radio and Internet advertising. The communications campaign to support the new fuel is one of Shell's most significant marketing investments since the company began selling fuel in the United States nearly 100 years ago. Shell also is supporting the launch of the new fuel with a public relations program and other marketing initiatives, such as direct-mail promotions and point-of-purchase displays at all Shell stations.

In addition, Shell has created a mobile marketing tour that will visit approximately 20 major U.S. markets, giving consumers a fun way to learn about Shell V-Power and put a human face with the Shell brand. As part of the interactive tour, consumers will have the opportunity to have their picture taken with a Shell Ferrari F1 racecar while learning more about Shell V-Power. Consumers also will be able to find out more about the benefits of Shell V- Power through a consumer-friendly, product-specific Web site located at http://www.shellus.com (http://www.shellus.com/) .

New Shell V-Power gasoline replaces the company's existing premium-grade offering and is currently available at Shell stations nationwide. While other differentiated premium fuels similar to Shell V-Power have been introduced by Shell in more than 50 countries worldwide since 1997, this launch of Shell V- Power in the U.S. marks the largest launch of the product to date. For more information on Shell gasolines, please log onto http://www.shellus.com or http://www.localshell.com (http://www.localshell.com/) . Shell Oil Products US, a subsidiary of Shell Oil Company, is a leader in the refining, transportation and marketing of fuels, and has a network of nearly 7,200 branded gasoline stations in the Western United States. Shell Oil Company is a 50 percent owner of Motiva Enterprises LLC, along with Saudi Refining, Inc., which refines and markets branded products through 11,000 stations in the Eastern and Southern United States. Shell Oil Company is an affiliate of the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of Companies (NYSE: RD/SC). For more information, please visit http://www.shell.com (http://www.shell.com/) .

CyberFire 12
08-14-04, 07:39 AM
Here in CNY, Sunoco has been selling 91 octance in lieu of 94 for a few months now, generally for a couple of cents less than current 93 octane prices. I have used 91 in my L98 with no seeming difference in performance. Generally I am not too brand loyal except I always use premium. We don't have any Shell stations locally.

My comment is that gasoline is delivered via pipeline and obivously the brands are mixed during shipment. I've often read that there is no significant difference in brands, just fuel grades.

If Shell has these "super additives" wouldn't any benefit be lost in the common transshipment? It seems like a marketing strategy to me rather than any real practical change.

I fully admit to not being expert in fuels, but most of my reading leads me to believe that any good premium fuel is sufficient and has the needed additives for good operation and fuel system maintenance.

Blackie T.
08-18-04, 02:40 PM
I think you'e absolutely right; you get whatever brand happens to come on the truck that day. Years ago, the Esso gas came in an Esso truck, Texaco in Texaco, etc. Now it comes in a truck marked with the name of a trucking company.

JRMaroon
08-18-04, 03:06 PM
We've heard a lot of different stories on who's gas you are really buying but here is what I was told by a couple oil company guys I golfed with the other day.

Gas stations buy their fuel from whoever they can get the best deal from in many cases. After a truck is tagged to deliver to a specific station, that brand's additive package is then added to the tanker. They start with the same fuel then add the Shell, Chevron or other brand's package. They said the fuel business has changed in that gas isn't sold by the large holding tank anymore but by the tanker truck.

justafamilyman
08-19-04, 09:39 PM
Hi CyberFire 12,
I heard from a SUNOCO owner that NYS legislated 94 octane out (rendering selling 94 octane illegal). Typical of this state to do stupid things like that, But, we are to blame since we put them there.
What, however, is the octane rating of Shell-V gas?
Blur Borg Brian 1 of 58
P.S, winter sucks up here, don't you agree?

vettedoc
08-22-04, 04:23 PM
Hi CyberFire 12,
P.S, winter sucks up here, don't you agree?
I heartily agree having spent 3 Winters up there myself back in the late sixties. Having the lining of your nose freeze when it gets to be lower than 10 below really sucks.

Doc

chevyaddict
08-22-04, 04:57 PM
Lordy, lordy..... we will have to start constraining the amount of fossil fuels we are extracting. What will the western world do?

Don't mean to sound contradictory or sarcastic - but at the rate we (the human race) are going we will run out of fossil fuels for purposes of gasoline and related uses in 50 to 100 years.... this movement discussed in this thread should have stopped before it even got started, unfortunately. In other words, we should have stopped producing the more refined fuels a long time ago. The process by which to get these fuels "better" (in and of itself) requires alot of energy waste.

The sad thing is my race car only runs on 104 octane and my motorcycle requires minimum 91.

Its times such as these when I sit on both sides of the fence and wonder..... talk about feeling hypocritical. ;shrug

craig0ry
08-23-04, 07:12 PM
Lordy, lordy..... we will have to start constraining the amount of fossil fuels we are extracting. What will the western world do?

Don't mean to sound contradictory or sarcastic - but at the rate we (the human race) are going we will run out of fossil fuels for purposes of gasoline and related uses in 50 to 100 years.... this movement discussed in this thread should have stopped before it even got started, unfortunately. In other words, we should have stopped producing the more refined fuels a long time ago. The process by which to get these fuels "better" (in and of itself) requires alot of energy waste.

The sad thing is my race car only runs on 104 octane and my motorcycle requires minimum 91.

Its times such as these when I sit on both sides of the fence and wonder..... talk about feeling hypocritical. ;shrugFinally someone who feels the same way I do! In my opinion the current wave of hybrid cars needed to be introduced about 20 years ago. I love the way the mentality of the common consumer is that gas is similar to milk or water or any other common household product - a renewable resource that will never run out.

I was kind of glad to see gas hitting 2+ dollars a gallon, the more expensive gasoline costs the average consumer (who is usually driving a big ass truck, van, or SUV), the more people will push for alternatives - once they get past the whining and desire to control the middle east...

And yet at the same time that I rail against this cheap gas mentality... what does my family drive? A Corvette (maybe not a gas hog, but no geo metro), a 12 mpg F-150 and another 12 mpg Astro Van...

chevyaddict
08-23-04, 11:04 PM
I'm with ya there Craigory - I overcompensate in other environmental areas to help alleviate the dissonance I feel driving the gas hogs around!!
Dawn

Mark_Breznay
08-31-04, 10:05 PM
It has been my experience that there are differences in gasolines from different companys. My only vehicle is a 1997 F150 V8 5-speed and I sure can tell
Mark

Vettefan87
08-31-04, 11:28 PM
The only real difference is additives mixed in with the gas for the different companies getting them, which causes some to be higher then others due to the additives they might add in the fuel.

Justin

ROCKETBLOCK
09-19-04, 09:09 AM

Its times such as these when I sit on both sides of the fence and wonder..... talk about feeling hypocritical. ;shrug
Great comments... I agree with you and might add that as fossil fuels run out, the government constraints and the costs will become prohibitive for personal use long before the end. It could be later than we think. When China and some of the other large countries that donít use that much fuel for cars now come on line it will go even faster. The free ride is about to end and the C6 Corvette could become a relic sooner than we would like to think. Have a nice day. :)

grapeknutz
09-19-04, 11:03 AM
I guess the attendant didn't quite have the facts right :eek

a world w/out 93 octane would be a tough one w/ the way performance (cars) are heading...

Unfortunatly in the peoples republic of Kalifornia 91 octane is the best you can get!

G Winter
10-01-04, 10:22 PM
I opporated a service station for a few yrs. The gas does come down the same pipline, but the additives are put in when it is loaded onto the truck. Different additives for diff brands. Before Texaco was bought out by shell stations that displayed the texaco sign were spot checked for the proper gas. If the gas was not the texaco gas the station would lose it's right to display the texaco sign. I have done a comparison over the last 3000 miles in my 90 vette and have found that the Shell premium 91 oct. runs the best and gets the best milage of any other gas in this area , It is even better than the BP which at one time was Standard Oil Company . I also found out that my vette just hates reg. All around I average just over 22 mpg on the shell .I try any other gas and the milage drops to 20mpg. Most of my driving is from 15 to 50 miles each way. very little city driving .

caninelver
10-07-04, 08:47 PM
I usually look for Sunoco stations because they almost all have 94 around my area. The other night I was shocked to discover a separate gas tank next to the regular one (I had assumed it was diesel) offering sunoco race formula 100 octane. It had a price of $4.19 per gallon. The 94 was something like $2.20 a gallon. I can't see where 6 more octane is worth 2 bucks more. Hasn't anybody else seen this?

invinceablevett
10-08-04, 02:25 AM
No more Sunocos up here in Canada.:mad

Mr. Lucky
10-08-04, 06:10 AM
What, however, is the octane rating of Shell-V gas?
Sorry about the late reply, but I just found this thread in a search.

Here is the answer to the octane question:
http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=us-en&FC2=&FC3=/us-en/tailored/shell_for_motorists/fuels/optimax/optimax_faqs_ga_1602.html#12

óBob

WhalePirot
11-29-04, 09:56 PM
So all those with dirty injectors, line up w/o special cleaners! (see another thread)

I wonder what multiple of minimum cleaning agents other fuels have.

I bypass Shell for other isues, like anyone cares.

I found ARCO to be VERY corrosive to the TBs on my old setup and have been told the same by mechanics; was told they use methane not ethane, as why.

I always heard the octane rating is less science than art, due to variables in how it is computed ala UTOG ratings on tires. I could be dismayed at 'only' having 91 octane for the CA Vette, but it runs great on it. I did feel a huge decline in power after driving back from Colorado Springs, years ago, and with the stock engine; previously having non-CA fuel until the refill in Barstow, CA. The performance decline was noticeable. Those of you who have recently been forced to use oxygenated fuel know the feeling.

I am very conscious of my personal environmental actions. I have insulated and much more, for years and years, and my driving (and flying) saves fuel, mostly. I was unhappy that Reagan undid many of the things Carter put in place to move us along a more sensible energy plan. I don't expect to see any conservation efforts from the Feds again, for at least four years, for obvious reasons.

RonJ
11-30-04, 08:55 PM
Here in CNY, Sunoco has been selling 91 octance in lieu of 94 for a few months now, generally for a couple of cents less than current 93 octane prices. I have used 91 in my L98 with no seeming difference in performance. Generally I am not too brand loyal except I always use premium.
Shouldn't an L98 run on 87 octane? Chevy says 87 octane for my 85. Just because it's a 'vette doen't mean it has to use super.

My 85 gets "name brand" 87 octane with no problems. And a stock L98 sure doesn't need 94!! For what gasoline is worth nowdays, sure makes a difference on a fill-up!

My two cents ... Ron ... :beer

mdcruiser
12-16-04, 06:49 AM
So all those with dirty injectors, line up w/o special cleaners! (see another thread)

I wonder what multiple of minimum cleaning agents other fuels have.

I bypass Shell for other isues, like anyone cares.

I found ARCO to be VERY corrosive to the TBs on my old setup and have been told the same by mechanics; was told they use methane not ethane, as why.

I always heard the octane rating is less science than art, due to variables in how it is computed ala UTOG ratings on tires. I could be dismayed at 'only' having 91 octane for the CA Vette, but it runs great on it. I did feel a huge decline in power after driving back from Colorado Springs, years ago, and with the stock engine; previously having non-CA fuel until the refill in Barstow, CA. The performance decline was noticeable. Those of you who have recently been forced to use oxygenated fuel know the feeling.

I am very conscious of my personal environmental actions. I have insulated and much more, for years and years, and my driving (and flying) saves fuel, mostly. I was unhappy that Reagan undid many of the things Carter put in place to move us along a more sensible energy plan. I don't expect to see any conservation efforts from the Feds again, for at least four years, for obvious reasons.

WhalePirot,

I fully respect your political views, but I also think that they are properly foreign to this forum. For what it's worth, I totally disagree with you. Government mandates are an incredibly inefficient way to improve the environment. The Reagan administration and the current administration believe in structuring markets so that self-interest leads to a cleaner environment, and in large measure these incentives are succeeding.

I won't go into any more detail, although I am an academic and very strongly believe that studies back up the view that free markets are most compatible with environmental health. [See, for example, the excellent work of PERC (http://www.perc.org), the Political Economy Research Center, in Bozeman MT. I note that I have no affiliation with PERC.Mostly, though, I just want to make sure forum members realize that there is more than one point of view here. Again, I respect those whose politics differ from my own, and I strongly believe we should try to keep politics out of this forum. Let's concentrate on our common interest, the Corvette!

Cheers,
Mdcruiser

67HEAVEN
02-12-05, 08:33 PM
No more Sunocos up here in Canada.:mad

Lots of Sunoco stations here in Ontario. Here's what John Powell has to say about Ultra 94...
http://www.powellmotorsport.com/ultra94.html

lnirenberg
02-17-05, 04:29 PM
Better late then never. In the past I had been involved in a family business that owned many hundreds of gas station/c-stores. Gasoline refining and manufacturing is a regional business and not every company in the gasoline retail business has refinaries in every US market so they all buy from each other. Whether the different brand names contain different additives, well frankly I am skeptical. Like bottled water its all in the marketing. There have been enough cases of dealer up-labeling low octane fuel as high octane fuel that I'm just happy when my car doesn't ping on super. Let the buyer beware.

67 Heaven--is there a way to move the political side of this thread to The Edge? I take strong exception to mdcruisers comments, not offended just strongly disagree. Everything we do, including our love for cars, has political ramifications. Government may not be the entire solution but neither are corporations driven by the need to maintain stock price at any cost, Enron et al. I am personally glad to find like minded vette enthusiasts who see this hobby in a much broader context and recognize the contradictions it produces.

67HEAVEN
02-17-05, 07:11 PM
67 Heaven--is there a way to move the political side of this thread to The Edge? I take strong exception to mdcruisers comments, not offended just strongly disagree.

Perhaps you would start a thread and characterize it as to frame the discussion over in The Edge. I wouldn't know what, specifically, to separate out of this thread.

PleasantVette
03-04-05, 06:50 PM
Too bad Chevy doesn't make a motorcycle. :D

Hib Halverson
03-04-05, 07:06 PM
(snip)

Oh...please. Spare me.

I'm sorry but, looking at the above and, then, reading your sig line indicates that you talk all this environmental responsiblity hocus-pocus yet you'll drive a Corvette. If you were truly "conscious of" your "personal environmental actions", you'd drive a hybrid or, better yet use public transportation.

Not only that, your car is highly modified and some of those modifications are hardly
"environmentally-concious".

In my opinion, you're just another trend follower who wants to appear fashionable amongst liberal friends but is not believing enough in environmentalism to practice some of the environmentally-concious habits any good tree hugger should follow.

As for Regan and Carter?
Keyrist.
What the hell did Jimmy Carter do to make the world truly a better place?
Regan...uh well...he orchestrated the final defeat of communism which made the world a better place for hundreds of millions of people. Carter can build all the habitat-for-humanity homes he wants but he's never going to eclipse Regan's Presidency.

DocOhm
03-08-05, 11:09 PM
I operated a service station for a few yrs. The gas does come down the same pipline, but the additives are put in when it is loaded onto the truck. Different additives for diff brands. Before Texaco was bought out by shell stations that displayed the texaco sign were spot checked for the proper gas. If the gas was not the texaco gas the station would lose it's right to display the texaco sign. I have done a comparison over the last 3000 miles in my 90 vette and have found that the Shell premium 91 oct. runs the best and gets the best milage of any other gas in this area , It is even better than the BP which at one time was Standard Oil Company . I also found out that my vette just hates reg. All around I average just over 22 mpg on the shell .I try any other gas and the milage drops to 20mpg. Most of my driving is from 15 to 50 miles each way. very little city driving .
I will wade into this discussion a bit. First off, my credentials, I've worked as an engineer in a mid-west refinery for 25+ years. I know all the ins and outs of how gasoline is made. The guy quoted above is correct, unless you live close to a refinery (like I do) your gasoline comes down a pipeline from somewhere. The only difference is in octane rating. We make two kinds, the regular 87 octane and the high octane, 93. The pump them mixes the two to get the mid-grades. It's all the same gasoline (by octane rating) until it hits the truck rack. There, they have different additives for different brands. The big names have special additives they protect very carefully from each other. The cheapo brands don't put any in. The good additives keep your engine clean. No additives let it get clogged up. You should only run high octane in engines that need it, it doesn't make a plain engine run any better or cleaner. You just waste money. On the other hand, don't put low octane in a high performance engine like a 'vette! If the knock sensors are working properly you won't hurt anything but you'll loose performance. If the sensors have problems and don't catch the knock, you could hurt the engine. By the way, NEVER buy gas at a station where the truck is filling the tanks! When they fill the tanks it usually stirs up the gasoline in there and any water condensation in the underground tank can get mixed in with the gas, then you will pump that into your car! They don't run very well on a water/gasoline mix! I learned this lesson the HARD way a long time ago.

lnirenberg
03-09-05, 06:16 AM

Although this digression probably is better suited to THE EDGE here goes. Think CAFE standards--I don't think it was the defeat of communism that led to the production of a 400 hp world class sports car with 20+ mpg ratings. This thread was somehow related to cars at one time wasn't it?

Remo
03-09-05, 08:19 AM
Upon talking to the attendant, he informed me that.....

You folks have all brought up some very stimulating questions. Many of these issues are being researshed by top scientists throughout the world. But if you want to get the real answers I suggest you contact Rob's gas station attendant.

Remo:cool

Z06 Tom
03-09-05, 08:36 AM
...In my opinion, you're just another trend follower who wants to appear fashionable amongst liberal friends but is not believing enough in environmentalism to practice some of the environmentally-concious habits any good tree hugger should follow.

As for Regan and Carter?
Keyrist.
Regan...uh well...he orchestrated the final defeat of communism which made the world a better place for hundreds of millions of people. Carter can build all the habitat-for-humanity homes he wants but he's never going to eclipse Regan's Presidency.

You beat me to the punch Hib. Ain't revisionist history great!! I just love liberals who start comparing Carter to Regan. Talk about bringing a knife to a gun fight. :eyerole

BTW: All I run in my Z is Sunoco 94. I wonder what IT'LL cost this Summer?! :ugh

I run a can of Torco in each tank also. FI and detonation don't mix.

http://images.snapfish.com/34335%3A5523232%7Ffp78%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232365799377%3Bot1lsi

Doug Do
03-11-05, 04:42 PM
Follow the money guys! No new "fuel" will be found (so tho speak) until it is profitable to the guys holding the oil/gas money now. Nothing is done for the betterment of us......only the money trail.

doylede
04-09-05, 09:41 PM
1) Move the political junk to the EDGE. What's political junk? Here's an example.
I support Hib. Carter was the worst president of the 20th century, and I'm from Georgia.

2) We've heard from people in various sectors of the oil well to gas pump supply chain. No one has mentioned the State Government mandated formulas that cause different "receipes" to be shipped to different states. This practice destroys the savings inherent in mass producing gas for all of America.

3) Purely selfish. - I don't care what gas costs. I will buy it and burn it in my Vette.

4) For those who have graced this thread with their long term views, DON'T
look to Jane Fonda for answers in Political Science,
look to Ralph Nader for answers in Engineering,
look to Jimmy Carter for answers in Statecraft (ask Mrs. Thatcher),
look to Jesse Jackson for answers in Social Science,
because
modern versions of Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Albert Einstein, Ronald Reagen, Ross Pirot and John von Neuman will pilot us past the imagined death traps of the naysaying liberals.

wishuwerehere82
04-12-05, 05:17 PM
At $2.48 a gallon, Sunoco and all the others are going to be getting a lot less of my business. Once I get the Harley out for the summer.