PDA

View Full Version : Lets Hear From A C6 Driver

shopman1
06-30-04, 02:01 PM
Its clear that there are several C6's on the road, we have pictures in this forum proving that. So, can't some of these guys give us their impressions or are all the C6's GM guys that can't talk? Anyway, it would be nice to hear from someone that has been driving the car for a while to stop the paranoia of the first model year! Come on - Talk!!!

Buster1
06-30-04, 02:37 PM
I second that!!! :cool

Zippy
07-01-04, 02:41 PM
Shopman:

Althought I am not a GM employee, a "friend" of mine who is pulled into my driveway yesterday with a "Captured Test Fleet," C6. Precision red, automatic, glass top. He let me drive it in the nieghborhood, and although I can't give a complete rundown, I can say I absolutely love it!

The steering was quick, crisp, the ride was smooth, quiet and when I jumped on it briefly it just jumped out!

The gauges were very easy to read, and the markings were distinct. The new push button start was so cool!

Seats were base model and I noticed a better support from the side bolster than the C5. They were also very comfortable.

As I've said before: "I am so sold on the C6." :)

shopman1
07-01-04, 03:00 PM
Thanks Zippy - That's the kind of data I was looking for man! I actualy wanted input from a non-GM employee, we need the true scoop. If I worked for GM I would not say anything negitive, that's for sure.
Thanks again!

Shopman:

Althought I am not a GM employee, a "friend" of mine who is pulled into my driveway yesterday with a "Captured Test Fleet," C6. Precision red, automatic, glass top. He let me drive it in the nieghborhood, and although I can't give a complete rundown, I can say I absolutely love it!

The steering was quick, crisp, the ride was smooth, quiet and when I jumped on it briefly it just jumped out!

The gauges were very easy to read, and the markings were distinct. The new push button start was so cool!

Seats were base model and I noticed a better support from the side bolster than the C5. They were also very comfortable.

As I've said before: "I am so sold on the C6." :)

Hib Halverson
07-01-04, 03:13 PM
I'm not a "GM guy" but I've driven the C6 both on the street and on the track.

The full details of my experience will be posted here on CAC in a driving-impression article in the first week of August.

Besides the new exterior, which I the more I look at it, the more I like it; the two C6 characteristics most people will greatly approve of are 1) the LS2 engine's significantly improved torque curve in the low-end and mid-range compared to the LS1 and, even, the LS6, and 2) the greatly decreased level of road noise in the interior. Those really aggressive but also smooth drivers, when running the car right at the limit, will find the car easier to drive fast, especially on corner entries. This applies to not only the base car but also the Z51s.

To read more, you gotta wait until Rob posts the article.

mgdim
07-02-04, 08:20 AM
I am confused. Rob said that there wasn't any embargoes this time, then why wait until August. Sorry, I just can't seem to be patient

WhalePirot
07-05-04, 08:48 PM
From an earlier article discussing the excellent mag-ride, I cannot decide if I would prefer the Z51, which I loved, or the F55 Magnetic Ride Select on a C6. I thought the Z06 was how MY Corvette should perform, but I AM aging. I like to cruise w/o bruising. It seemed to indicate that the mag could get quite close to the Z51 in cornering.

Any inputs? :w

Hib Halverson
07-06-04, 12:47 PM
I am confused. Rob said that there wasn't any embargoes this time, then why wait until August. Sorry, I just can't seem to be patient

Rob was incorrect. The embargo is Aug 1. Our second C6 article will be up shortly after that date.

6 Shooter
07-06-04, 12:58 PM
Mark your calendars for August 1, 2004! Hib Halverson (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/feature.html) will be attending a C6 Corvette Press Introduction in June and writing an exclusive article for the Corvette Action Center.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/images/design/front/c6roadtest.jpg
The story, that he'll write will be a follow up to his article that appeared here on January 1st - C6 Naked and Exposed: Corvette Action Center's First Look at the 2005 Corvette (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/2005/intro.html) and will focus on what it's like to drive the car on the street and on the track. However, it will not be a full-on road test as there will be no objective testing; only subjective.

Because there will be an embargo placed on this information from GM, look for the article to appear here, on August 1, 2004. Stay tuned!!!Having driven the C6 for a little over 1,000 miles . . . they run and handle excellent . . . the interior looks great and fits like a glove . . .

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

Rob
07-07-04, 11:48 AM
Rob was incorrect. The embargo is Aug 1. Our second C6 article will be up shortly after that date.No I didn't say that at all. I specifically stated that the article would be released August 1 in accordance with GM's embargo. Sorry.

As 6-Shooter already pointed out:

Mark your calendars for August 1, 2004! Hib Halverson (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/tech/feature.html) will be attending a C6 Corvette Press Introduction in June and writing an exclusive article for the Corvette Action Center.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/images/design/front/c6roadtest.jpg
The story, that he'll write will be a follow up to his article that appeared here on January 1st - C6 Naked and Exposed: Corvette Action Center's First Look at the 2005 Corvette (http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/2005/intro.html) and will focus on what it's like to drive the car on the street and on the track. However, it will not be a full-on road test as there will be no objective testing; only subjective.

Because there will be an embargo placed on this information from GM, look for the article to appear here, on August 1, 2004. Stay tuned!!!

mgdim
07-07-04, 11:50 AM
I humbly apologise, I must have misread your announcement.

Rob
07-07-04, 11:50 AM
I humbly apologise, I must have misread your announcement.No problem. :)