PDA

View Full Version : Saw a C6 (mule?) today!

rrubel
06-25-04, 05:27 PM
Ok, so I'm excited... The family was in Livonia, MI, at their city fair (we're attending a friend's wedding this weekend) and we're about to board the shuttle back to the parking area when what do I see parked under a nearby tree? A C6 in that new burnt-orange color. Had a Milford Proving Grounds sticker and the number 7 on the windows. From the look of the brakes and exhausts, it had seen a good bit of use. Got a couple digital pix; I'll try to upload them tonight or tomorrow if anyone's interested (I'm not home right now, so my facilities are limited).

Thoughts: I like it (my wife hated the color, though). My 4-year old son IMMEDIATELY recognised it as a Corvette, which is good. Door handles on the trailing edge of the doors looks good, the little rear lip with the CHMSL looks good, and the rear end finally looks less like an afterthought like the C5's. Also, the sharp fenders (a 'la C2) make a definite statement (a good one). Interior didn't look much changed from the C5 that I could tell, but there was a lot of reflection on the glass and it wasn't easy to get a good look.

Keeps me satisfied until August, though...
[RICHR]

Rain
06-25-04, 06:13 PM
Way to stay sharp!

Post pics when ya can
Rain

rrubel
06-26-04, 08:54 AM
Way to stay sharp!

Post pics when ya can
Rain

Here's links to two. I love laptops :).

http://alumni.umbc.edu/~rrubel1/pix/IM000762.JPG
http://alumni.umbc.edu/~rrubel1/pix/IM000765.JPG

[RICHR]

invinceablevett
06-26-04, 09:08 PM
good job...thanks for the pics.

Kotzenjunge
06-27-04, 03:03 AM
Okay, was it REALLY necessary to quote two massive pictures to say "thanks?"

Anyways, what's that split in the roof?

JBsC5
06-27-04, 06:09 AM
I pushed the wrong button but thanks! :lol: couldn't figure out how to delete the photos only!

Picky..picky..

Have a good one.

rrubel
06-27-04, 07:03 AM
I think the "split" is the evolution of the dual-bubble top on the C5. This seems to follow the more angular styling of the C6.

JBsC5, you can edit your post and remove the two lines that link to my pictures...
[RICHR]

Okay, was it REALLY necessary to quote two massive pictures to say "thanks?"

Anyways, what's that split in the roof?

JBsC5
06-27-04, 07:06 AM
When I went to do it..the two pictures are there..no links to delete..

I can delete the thank you post if its that big a deal..

Sorry to those on dialup

JonM
06-27-04, 07:11 AM
Here they are a little smaller

Corvette Junkie
06-27-04, 09:10 AM
When I went to do it..the two pictures are there..no links to delete..

I can delete the thank you post if its that big a deal..

Sorry to those on dialup
Just highlight the pics then hit backspace.

WhalePirot
06-27-04, 01:17 PM
Dammit, Rich........No I really want one.

Can I get a discount with MY freq. flier miles??

TY for the pics. That is the new red color, right? It looks good in the pic and is the only red I have seen on a Vette that I like enuf to own.

mike :w

Corvette Junkie
06-27-04, 05:40 PM
TY for the pics. That is the new red color, right?

Looks like Daytona Sunset Orange to me.

theblackvette
06-27-04, 09:10 PM
Thanks for sharing!

What is up with the police patch in the window. Did you see that? Scoll the photo all the way to the right.

Thanks again!

rrubel
06-27-04, 09:53 PM
The patch isn't actually on the window, but on the shoulder of a uniform shirt lying on a duffel bag on the passenger seat. Since this was at a city fair, I think the guy was also a reserve policeman and was going on duty (or coming off) at the fair.

Glad you guys liked the pics. On the way out of Detroit today I saw three more C6's in a convoy heading the opposite way. One more Sunset Orange, one silver, and one black. All coupes. They went by too fast to see if they had numbers as well.

[RICHR]

Thanks for sharing!

What is up with the police patch in the window. Did you see that? Scoll the photo all the way to the right.

Thanks again!

MorgulVette
06-30-04, 05:42 PM
Hey, great pics! Thanks for the upload,
though Im not sure how you can think the interior looks similar to the C5

sleepyhead
07-05-04, 01:39 PM
I saw a C6 in sunset orange parked at a coney island on Telegraph Rd. in Tayor, MI yesterday. They will be all over the place before we know it! I really can't wait to see what it looks like in black.

lobes290
07-05-04, 02:30 PM
i live out by the proving grounds, ive seen about 5, even a precision red vert. no pics thoe, they were always moving.