PDA

View Full Version : My C6 Dealer called

Buster1
06-20-04, 05:28 PM
Okay, don't hate me...but my dealer called me yesterday. Guess they are ready for my order to go in! The orders going in this week would have a 1st week of Aug build, with a mid/late Aug delivery! Holy cow that's fast!! Based on personal stuff going on, I told them to wait on my car about 2 weeks. I can't believe I told them that, but I had to do it. Guess someone in line after me will get theirs sooner.

Anyone else have orders in the blender yet? Guess the build-delivery timeline is moving pretty quickly. They estimate 2 weeks from build to delivery.

Gettin close guys! I bet we'll see some "real" C6 on the road VERY soon. Production begins 19 July.

Zippy
06-21-04, 10:15 PM
Congrats!

I have a TPW (tentative production week) of July 26th, and can hardly wait to get my new Corvette! Silver/Ebony Coupe with Z51, auto, perf axle, XM radio, NAV system, and 1SB pkg.

Zippy :) :)

shopman1
06-22-04, 12:31 PM
I just talked to the dealer, he told me that my car is built. It seems that if you got magnetic ride, they built them first, that is what he thinks. No shipment date as yet nor any pricing as yet! He thinks that I may have it early in July!

c5vetter
06-22-04, 12:57 PM
don't know how your dealer can say your C6 is built when they haven't even reopened the plant from vacation! they haven't completed the retooling to even begin production run of the C6!

Buster1
06-22-04, 01:47 PM
I think maybe he meant it was approved for building. I think the actual first day of building begins 19 July. My dealer says that right now GM is accepting orders only.

shopman1
06-23-04, 05:56 AM
I called the dealer back and they are checking out there information. You may be correct it to be built. I will let you know when I know.

Zippy
06-23-04, 06:53 PM
From what I've been hearing, C5 production ends on July 2nd. The plant then goes on a two week shutdown for model changeowver. C6 production starts on July 19th.

Hope this helps.

Zippy :) :)

Greenie
06-23-04, 09:49 PM
That is correct!