PDA

View Full Version : "hooking up a bra"

ron
05-14-04, 05:35 PM
:L I know, I know! I just received the GM bra and have been looking over the dlirections for installation. It appears to me that the rubber inserts that are supposed to go into the screw holes in the fender opening could be eliminated in place of a snap with a longer screw from an upholstery shop. I think I remember reading on the forum where someone made this decision to change the installation procedures. Does anyone remember the thread or know what size snaps I would need to finish the installation. Thanks in advance.

Ron

99WhiteC5Coupe
05-16-04, 09:29 AM
Ron,

I used stainless snaps, #8 x 5/8", purchased at a marine supply shop. The specific brand was "Seafit" and their part number was 243030.

These snaps work very well. I also put a little silicone dielectric grease on the snap head to make it easier to attach and remove the bra snaps.

Good luck - I hope this helps.

jdanehy1
05-17-04, 06:20 PM
:L I know, I know! I just received the GM bra and have been looking over the dlirections for installation. It appears to me that the rubber inserts that are supposed to go into the screw holes in the fender opening could be eliminated in place of a snap with a longer screw from an upholstery shop. I think I remember reading on the forum where someone made this decision to change the installation procedures. Does anyone remember the thread or know what size snaps I would need to finish the installation. Thanks in advance.

Ron
check this out
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=815227

Remo
05-21-04, 07:15 AM
Unbelievable - and after all these years of practicing how to "un-hook" bras.

Remo:cool

Blade
05-21-04, 11:59 AM

Thought that was a requirement before being allowed to operate in a Corvette!

2001convertable
06-03-04, 10:27 AM
I just did mine two days ago. You can go to a boat supply and buy the snaps with a screws attached or you can go to corvette forum and search for a bra and I will bring up a guy selling them for five dollars for eight. Its much nicer and easier to install with the screw in type. The rubber inserts stink...Anthony

MM-C5
06-03-04, 05:33 PM

Yeah, I gotta agree. Now it's those Falken Bra Hooks again! Man, there are so many double-entendres here, it's hard to know where to start.;LOL

rubberman15
01-09-05, 08:35 PM
I just did mine two days ago. You can go to a boat supply and buy the snaps with a screws attached or you can go to corvette forum and search for a bra and I will bring up a guy selling them for five dollars for eight. Its much nicer and easier to install with the screw in type. The rubber inserts stink...Anthony

Can anyone point me to the link where the guy sells the snaps? I did a search but didn't find it.

Thanks

'04 Torch Red
01-09-05, 10:19 PM

:Buttslap>>>>>>>>>:L

Remo
01-11-05, 03:53 PM
:Buttslap>>>>>>>>>:L

Kenny,

Now that I think about it - there were fewer bras being worn in the 60's (and I'm not talking about C1's and C2's) then there are presently.

motorman
01-11-05, 04:02 PM
Can anyone point me to the link where the guy sells the snaps? I did a search but didn't find it.

Thanksany shop that does truck bed tarps or boat tarps will have them. take the 3 that came with the bra that fit under the front bumper cover and ask for the same thing. make sure you get the ones with stainless steel screws as some are just plated steel and will rust

rubberman15
01-11-05, 04:11 PM
any shop that does truck bed tarps or boat tarps will have them. take the 3 that came with the bra that fit under the front bumper cover and ask for the same thing. make sure you get the ones with stainless steel screws as some are just plated steel and will rust

Thanks a bunch.

TheSearcher
01-11-05, 05:41 PM
Obviously, you guys haven't owned many british sports cars or you would all be snap experts. I would guess I have added or replaced hundreds over the years in tonneau and convertible tops.

'04 Torch Red
01-11-05, 05:49 PM
Kenny,

Now that I think about it - there were fewer bras being worn in the 60's (and I'm not talking about C1's and C2's) then there are presently.

Yep I agree...and we should both know because we were both teens in the 60's...oh you were talking about car bras:L :L :L

'04 Torch Red
01-11-05, 05:54 PM
Obviously, you guys haven't owned many british sports cars or you would all be snap experts. I would guess I have added or replaced hundreds over the years in tonneau and convertible tops.

Congradulations mate...but I think we were talking about different kinds of things that took hooks not snaps:D and yes you are right except for an MGA and an MGB...not to familiar with British sports cars....:beer