PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a way to hold stuff down.

Panama Yellow
05-11-04, 09:10 PM
In my new (yeah!) 2004 coupe, I'm looking for a way to be able to put small stuff (e.g. Herself's purse, a camera, etc..) in the back just behind the seats without the stuff flying around whenever I drive the car the way it begs to be driven. grin.

So, what have you figured out to deal with this? Am I the only who drives the car hard? (not! :-) )

Tom (Panama Yellow)

rsimoes
05-11-04, 09:15 PM
Oh yeah, I do! When I had my 99 Coupe, I used the bins in the back of the hatch or the cargo net on top. . . and step on the gas and turn that wheel. . .

Now with the Z06, I use the bins in the back, no cargo net. . .yet

Panama Yellow
05-11-04, 09:23 PM
Thanks rsimoes, I'm looking for a way to keep stuff within reach from the seats, and my arms aren't (quite) long enough to reach the bins.

Tom

singledad_9
05-12-04, 10:20 AM
I've been thinking about getting another net for the front of my trunk. Then just attach the net right behind the beginning of my trunk. That way, I can just slip stuff that I use, sunglasses, sunblock, etc, in easy reach.

Panama Yellow
05-12-04, 12:02 PM
I've been thinking about getting another net for the front of my trunk. Then just attach the net right behind the beginning of my trunk. That way, I can just slip stuff that I use, sunglasses, sunblock, etc, in easy reach.
Singledad9, have you thought about how to secure the net at the front of the "trunk"? I was thinking maybe that Velcro stuff that sticks to carpet.

singledad_9
05-12-04, 02:09 PM
I was thinking to just stitch buttons the same color of my interior into the rug. That way if I go to a show it might be missed by a judge.

fdxpilot
05-17-04, 12:08 AM
You could try this:

http://www.kewlauto.com/products/catalog/kewl_sport_tray_2767745.htm