PDA

View Full Version : American flag insert

Pac-man
05-08-04, 11:50 PM
Hello everyone, I need your help. I once saw inserts for the C5 emblems that replace the waterfall symbol with an american flag. You just remove the waterfall with an exacto and glue in the flag. I have removed my nose and deck lid emblems but I want to do this to the emblem inside the car behind the console. Has anyone seen this product and if so where? I would like to purchase but can no longer find it.

GS Diva
05-09-04, 06:29 AM
Pac-man,

I wish I could help you out, but this is something we'd be interested in for our '02 so I'll be keeping a close watch on this post!

Elaine

dhughes
05-09-04, 07:46 PM
you might look on mycorvetteparts.com they have something like what you are looking for !

powderski13
05-10-04, 04:57 PM
I believe that West Coast Corvettes has that item

TooTall
05-11-04, 07:27 PM
Is this what your looking for?

http://thedriverscorner.com/InstalledBlue2.jpg

Saw this on Ebay. Auctions over but you can probubly give the guy a shout.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7901709842&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Rob

Stallion
05-11-04, 07:34 PM
I love it!! That's so hot. If I had a C5, I would definitely change all my emblems to that. A nice, customized yet patriotic look. :D

GS Diva
05-11-04, 10:37 PM
What Pac-man is looking for...I think...is the same American flag emblem but for the C5 convertible "waterfall". I haven't seen it anywhere yet but hope to as it would follow the patriotic theme of our '02.

Elaine

Pac-man
05-12-04, 12:08 AM
Thank you everyone, West Coast Corvette has one that fits all three areas, nose, deck lid and waterfall at 19.95 each. Order away diva, mine will arrive Thurs., let you know how it goes.

GRAYT VERT
05-13-04, 11:00 AM
What Pac-man is looking for...I think...is the same American flag emblem but for the C5 convertible "waterfall". I haven't seen it anywhere yet but hope to as it would follow the patriotic theme of our '02.

Elaine
PLEASE NOTICE!!!! The flag insert from West Coast Corvette that fits the front and back WILL NOT fit the waterfall emblem inside the convertible. Take it from someone who found out to late and had to epoxy the original emblem insert back in place! It will, however, fit the emblem that is on most exhaust plates. If anyone finds one that will fit the waterfall, I would love to know.

Dave

Pac-man
05-13-04, 03:22 PM
I just recieved mine and they seem to be an exact fit. Maybee the problem was corrected. I have yet to install but I laid it over the original emblem and it seems to fit perfectly. The corners are not as pointy as the original, is this what you are talking about? Please explain, thanks.

GRAYT VERT
05-14-04, 02:24 PM
I just recieved mine and they seem to be an exact fit. Maybee the problem was corrected. I have yet to install but I laid it over the original emblem and it seems to fit perfectly. The corners are not as pointy as the original, is this what you are talking about? Please explain, thanks.
I pulled the red portion of the emblem out of the waterfall emblem between the seats in my convertible, and it was smaller than the flag insert. I would have had to cut the flag insert down to fit, and didn't trust myself to be able to do it and make it look good.

If your's truly fits the emblem between the seats, I will be calling West Coast Corvette about one that will fit mine.

Pac-man
05-17-04, 09:22 PM
Gray Vert was right, It's too big BUT cuts very easily with a scissor to fit. Very easy. I did'nt bother to change the checker flag part. Came out great, thanks everyone.

Jim Z06
05-18-04, 03:28 PM
Pac-Man... I think u started something. I called westcoast corvette & mycorvetteparts.com. Both have the emblem insert backordered. It looks great. How were they to install? Do the old inserts just pop out? Thanks

GS Diva
05-18-04, 05:39 PM
I just ordered 3 from West Coast Corvettes for Alan's '02, but they don't expect them for 1-2 weeks. I saw them on an '01 white coupe last night and am glad I sent for them as I think they'll look great on the Electron Blue.

Elaine

GS Diva
05-18-04, 08:34 PM
Just received an email from West Coast Corvettes...the flag inserts have already been shipped to me!! Wow...great service!

Elaine

vettepilot
05-18-04, 08:46 PM
You know what I'm really getting a kick out of? The original Corvette emblem had the American Flag, but had to be replaced before the Autorama Show because of the laws against using the American Flag for Commercialization purposes.
I guess it's OK now?:confused

vettepilot

Pac-man
05-18-04, 11:10 PM
Here's the deal in detail. You must heat the red portion off the insert with a hair drier. A moderate time is sufficient. Then pry it out with a thin butter knife. A screw driver is too thick. Be very careful not to mark up the black portion of the emblem, it's very easy to do so. (how do you think I know?) It will come right out. There will be a spot of rubber cement underneath that you can just scrape off with your nail. For anyone who does'nt know, the proper way to prep for a decal, to get the best adhesion is clean area with mineral spirits followed by denatured alcohol. Rubbing alcohol will leave a film, no good. Next, line up the flag emblem to figure out where to cut. Just cut off small slivers at a time until it fits nice and tight. Cutting may only be necessary for the waterfall emblem. They may fit on the deck and nose, but I took my deck and nose emblems off. I did'nt feel like installing the checker portion of the kit. The checker pattern is smaller than the original on the car, and probably matches the flag better, you decide. Let me know what everyone thinks about that. I think the larger, original checks make the flag look small. Don't stick the flag on all the way until you're ready, the adhesive is very sticky.

GS Diva
05-25-04, 07:57 AM
Our American flag inserts came from West Coast Corvettes yesterday, and I put them in (or is it on?!) the '02. They look fabulous!! Didn't change the checkered flag inserts but may do that later. I did have to snip away at the insert for the waterfall, but it looks great now, also!!

Elaine

Jim Z06
05-28-04, 10:36 AM
Installed mine yesterday.They were easy to put in. I did just the American Flag inserts and NOT the checkerd flag. Not an exact fit..Thay are a hair smaller than stock but I think they look great (especially on a red car)!