PDA

View Full Version : Plates on the C6 -This is What The Corvette Action Center Forums team

shopman1
04-29-04, 12:40 PM
I sent a nasty to GM this is the response from the Action Team:

Here is the message that has just been posted:
Sorry for the misrepresentation - I thought it came from CAC as indicated below in the Your, etc.

Never the less, the more attention we can bring to this issue the better!

I took the body of the message out.

Yours,
Corvette Action Center Forums team

vette-dude
04-29-04, 12:58 PM
I didn't know we had a CAC team working on this??? Did I miss the Memo??

Randy:confused

Ken
04-29-04, 01:20 PM
It is not appropriate for you to use the CAC name without permission from Rob. Check with Rob before sending your letter.

Rob
04-29-04, 01:25 PM
Ummmmm Shopman,

Let's clarify something....what you have posted above is the third post up from the top of this thread:

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=373956#post373956

by one of the forum members here.

When someone replies to a thread that you have participated in, their response is emailed to you. So, I'm not sure who you sent a "nasty" to, but the response you claim to have received back from GM, is actually a miscellaneous post by one of our forum members in a thread you responded to.

GM did not send that response to you.

I just want to make sure that this is 100% crystal clear because I don't want people to think the Corvette Action Center is part of General Motors in any way.

The Corvette Action Center is completely separate from General Motors and we are not endorsed or supported by GM in any way.

Rob
04-29-04, 01:29 PM
It is not appropriate for you to use the CAC name without permission from Rob. Check with Rob before sending your letter.
Ken,

I don't think he did use the CAC name or try and represent the CAC. What you're seeing is the form mail response that the forum software uses when the system emails you a notification that someone replied to a thread you participated in.

jazzlove
04-30-04, 11:21 AM
I have a question for the writer of this now infamous forum post. Unless I have misread this, at the end, you state

"And if I was in law enforcement, I'd want front plates."

Why in the world would you #1 want a front plate on the car, and #2 send that oipinion to the powers to be at GM? For all the reasons mentioned on the CAC forums throughout these last 10 - 12 months, front plates are unnecessary, and ugly as hell!

What were you thinking Dude??:(

jazzlove