PDA

View Full Version : Third brake light 87 covertible

patrolman4
04-18-04, 03:52 PM
Need help getting to the third brake light bulb on my 87 ragtop. 1 bulb out and its driving me crazy. Cant figure ou how to replace. Thanks

Ken
04-26-04, 06:40 PM
To the top. Waitin' for an answer. :CAC

patrolman4
04-26-04, 08:09 PM
I was able to figure it out and hope I do not have to do it again.

Ken
04-26-04, 08:35 PM
:upthumbs

I know what you mean by wishing to not have to do it again anytime soon, at least as far as the tailights are concerned. :hb

Vettefan87
04-26-04, 10:10 PM
I was able to figure it out and hope I do not have to do it again.
Could you tell me how you did it all three of mine are out and i hope that they are just the bulbs, but i havent got around to doing it after I bought the car.

Thanks

patrolman4
04-27-04, 08:18 AM
First remove the four wierd screws holding down the filler cover where you put gas in. The whole cover plate comes off then you remove the rubber around the gas filler tube. Be careful, chances are the rubber is old and will tear, had to order a new one. Then you can reach in and there is a screw at each end of the light cover plate. Remove the screws and the bulbs are inside of the piece that comes off. Replace bulbs and reverse process. A lot of swearing and cut hands, hopefully wont have to do it for another 15 years. Good Luck. Let me know if you need additional info.