PDA

View Full Version : FRC / Vert. Trunk Divider

Guy
04-10-04, 06:42 PM
Does anyone use one of these and do they cut down on some of the road noise as advertised? They sound like a good idea. http://www.ecklers.com/product.asp?pf%5Fid=41631&dept%5Fid=1590&mscssid=CW3A79H5U15D9MQHB6AXQ43Q7E9X0R89

:w
Guy

Kevin McGrade
04-10-04, 06:59 PM
Not sure if they cut the roadnoise down but they sure do look cool

Guy
04-22-04, 06:55 PM
Kevin,

I ordered one today and I'll let you know what I think about it.

Guy

Dave C. '04 Z06
04-23-04, 05:27 AM
I've got a question for you guys.

What does FRC mean? I've seen it alot and I think it stands for a hard top 'vette, but what words are abbreviated?

Thanks!

-Dave C. '04 Z06

Guy
04-23-04, 05:37 AM
I've got a question for you guys.

What does FRC mean? I've seen it alot and I think it stands for a hard top 'vette, but what words are abbreviated?

Thanks!

-Dave C. '04 Z06Hi Dave! Maybe I said it before, I used to live in Vista Oaks in Palm Bay.

FRC = Fixed Roof Coupe.

Guy

c5vetter
04-23-04, 07:11 AM
had to call it something other than a coupe - then along came the "real" FRC, the 2001 Z06 - BTW, why are folks so concerned about putting in sound deadening and trunk dividers, et al!? You bought the "American Sports Car" - let it be that! If you wanted a "mommy mobile" that was quiet, buy a Bimmer or something of that ilk!

Guy
04-23-04, 07:25 AM
had to call it something other than a coupe - then along came the "real" FRC, the 2001 Z06 - BTW, why are folks so concerned about putting in sound deadening and trunk dividers, et al!? You bought the "American Sports Car" - let it be that! If you wanted a "mommy mobile" that was quiet, buy a Bimmer or something of that ilk!Trying to cut down some of the run-flat noise.
Bimmer? Yeah, we've got one too:D.

Guy

c5vetter
04-23-04, 08:35 AM
well, when I had my 1999 coupe, just turned Jimi Hendrix up louder! (VBG)

Remo
05-06-04, 12:28 PM
had to call it something other than a coupe - then along came the "real" FRC, the 2001 Z06 - BTW, why are folks so concerned about putting in sound deadening and trunk dividers, et al!? You bought the "American Sports Car" - let it be that! If you wanted a "mommy mobile" that was quiet, buy a Bimmer or something of that ilk!
What a dork.

Remo:cool

Blade
05-06-04, 03:17 PM
well, when I had my 1999 coupe, just turned Jimi Hendrix up louder! (VBG)
He's got the right idea, just crank the Bose sound system!

Dave C. '04 Z06
05-06-04, 03:40 PM
I was thinking of getting a divider for two reasons:

1. The A/C probably would work alot better (yes, it works good already) if it didn't have to cool the trunk area.

2. If I leave something of value in the car (girlfriends purse, camcorder, etc...) then I could put it in the trunk and you couldn't see it from looking in the windows.

-Dave C. '04 Z06

DRTH VTR
05-06-04, 04:25 PM
Besides, they look cool from the inside. It makes the passenger area a little more intimate.

Guy
05-07-04, 11:50 AM
This took a little longer than I thought. Wrong divider sent, contact the vendor, UPS picks up wrong divider, vendor sends the correct one. You know the drill. So far the run-flat noise is down, it DOES look cool and hids things in the trunk area from prying eyes.

Guy

DRTH VTR
05-07-04, 01:27 PM
Guy-

I looked at that ad. It sounds like it is finished just on one side? How does it look? Is it cheesy or OK?
Jim

Guy
05-07-04, 03:03 PM
Guy-

I looked at that ad. It sounds like it is finished just on one side? How does it look? Is it cheesy or OK?
Jim
Jim,

You're right, it's only carpeted on one side with the gray foam showing on the trunk side. I'd say it's OK - not cheesy but not the greatest either. To me, it's a bit overpriced but the only thing I could find without paying a lot more. How's that for a middle of the road answer :D?

Guy

DRTH VTR
05-07-04, 03:26 PM
Thanks, Guy.
You answered my question. There are some out there that are really pricey. I have seen some for over $300. This might be OK, but I would need to figure out how to finish the back side of it in some way. Is it stiff, or flexible or floppy?

Guy
05-07-04, 03:42 PM
Thanks, Guy.
You answered my question. There are some out there that are really pricey. I have seen some for over $300. This might be OK, but I would need to figure out how to finish the back side of it in some way. Is it stiff, or flexible or floppy?Yeah, I saw those in the catalogs for $300. This one is flexible.
Guy