PDA

View Full Version : heater adjustment

thom43
04-10-04, 05:40 PM
Hi again, well I got so much help with the radio project I thought I would ask another question.
I can't adjust the temperature output from the heater. When ever I move the temperature control lever off of cold the heat is on full. This happens in all air selector positions. One piece of info I got was that the cable is out of adjustment but it's not easy to get to. Any other idea's, like where is this adjustment, etc.

Ken
04-26-04, 08:05 PM
It is tough to adjust that cable, but you should be able to see it on the underside of the heater box in the passenger footwell. :CAC

thom43
04-26-04, 08:28 PM
I could see, or more like feel the cable and lever, but when I moved the selector lever on the heater control I got no movement at the heater box end. So I think the cable is probably disconnected at the heater control end.
Does this make any sense?

It is tough to adjust that cable, but you should be able to see it on the underside of the heater box in the passenger footwell. :CAC

berky2500
04-26-04, 09:17 PM
It could be disconnected at the heater box flapper control, it is just a coiled end of the wire over a post with a pressure washer to hold it on. If it slipped off, that is a problem. Also, if the adjustment connector in the center of the cable is separated, that could also cause the problem. Lastly, if the flapper or arm is bound up, the cable could be moving but not extending the flapper.

Ken
04-26-04, 09:37 PM
The trouble with getting to the cable behind the information center is that everything must be removed to access the area. Good luck and be patient, it'll take some time but you can do it. ;)