PDA

View Full Version : Loose Driver and Passenger Power Seat

Jackred
03-25-04, 03:48 PM
I have a 1998 red Coupe and the driver and passenger power seat moves a little when starting and stopping. I heard from another corvette owner that the only fix is to replace the drive on both seats at about $800 ea. Has anyone had the same problem and what was the fixed? Thanks

68Roadster
03-25-04, 08:04 PM
Jackred,
I have this problem on my 99 Silverado....I have heard it is actually the track, requiring replacement......let us know what you figure out.....

99WhiteC5Coupe
03-25-04, 08:28 PM
Jackred,

Check the Tech Center tab above (then the knowledgebase, 1997 - 2004 Corvettes, then interior parts and trim). There was a TSB issue that pertains to your problem. The seat adjustors can be replaced under the new car warranty or the GMPP (subject to the deductible).

Good luck - this is just one of many problem areas in the the C5's.

Jackred
03-26-04, 11:32 AM
I found out that the seat problem is common. The part that fails is plastic looking clevis and GM does not sell it. They want you to replace the whole assembly. I found out that there might be a after market part available called a rocking seat blocker but I have not found it yet. Has any one heard of this part?