PDA

View Full Version : Just received official C6 brochure

The Prof
03-16-04, 05:26 PM
Just received from Chevrolet a two-sided, 8 1/2 x 11, brochure on the C6.
A quick perusal reveals only one item that seems to be at odds with the scuttlebutt to date. Quoting from the brochure: " . . . that power is transmitted to the road through a standard short-throw six-speed manual transmission or available automatic transmission with computer-controlled Performance Shifting."

There has been some speculation on this site that the automatic would be standard and the six-speed manual would be an option.

I'm assuming, I hope correctly, the the world "standard" in the official brochure implies there won't be an up-charge for the six-speed manual.

In additional, the brochure confirms the eight color options:

Machine Silver Metallic
Le Mans Blue Metallic
Artic White
Daytona Sunset Orange Metallic
Black
Precision Red
Magnetic Red Metallic
Millennium Yellow

There will be an additional charge for the Le Mans Blue, the Magnetic Red and the Millennium Yellow.

I would have scanned and posted the brochure, but it contains no other new data, or images as far as I can tell.

Buster1
03-16-04, 05:44 PM
I too have the two sided card in PDF format. I think it is the same thing, not much new. I can email it to anyone if you want. Too big to post. I also picked up a pamphlet and poster of the C6 (which says "can you tame it?" at the top, with a precision red C6) at the Geneva auto show. The pamphlet was mainly just pics and a short blurb about power and precision and all that. Nothing new there either. Can you tame it? seemed to be on all the European stuff regarding the C6.

Everything I have heard and read so far makes the C6 for "standard" 6 speed manual tranny, and "optional" (also read: pay more for this option) automatic transmission. I think it's about time GM got this equation right, not vice versa as with the C5. :nono If I'm not mistaken, the mechanical aspect of an automatic car makes it a bit more expensive to build, own, operate, and repair. Don't charge me more for a cheaper, simpler mechanical item. Way to go GM. :bu :Twist

ROCKETBLOCK
03-16-04, 05:55 PM
:) I agree!!!

Vanity Plate Bob
03-20-04, 10:49 AM
Will someone get me a C6 brocure and or any related literature-picture items.

''Chrome and Flames'' magazine has some large pictures in red and a write up.
Thanks

The Prof
03-20-04, 02:44 PM
Will someone get me a C6 brocure and or any related literature-picture items.

''Chrome and Flames'' magazine has some large pictures in red and a write up.
Thanks

Go the Chevy website, click on "Cars" and "2005 Corvette." There you will find a form to fill in requesting information. This is how I came by my brochure.

Vanity Plate Bob
03-20-04, 11:19 PM
thanks

motorman
03-27-04, 10:08 AM
I too have the two sided card in PDF format. I think it is the same thing, not much new. I can email it to anyone if you want. Too big to post. I also picked up a pamphlet and poster of the C6 (which says "can you tame it?" at the top, with a precision red C6) at the Geneva auto show. The pamphlet was mainly just pics and a short blurb about power and precision and all that. Nothing new there either. Can you tame it? seemed to be on all the European stuff regarding the C6.

Everything I have heard and read so far makes the C6 for "standard" 6 speed manual tranny, and "optional" (also read: pay more for this option) automatic transmission. I think it's about time GM got this equation right, not vice versa as with the C5. :nono If I'm not mistaken, the mechanical aspect of an automatic car makes it a bit more expensive to build, own, operate, and repair. Don't charge me more for a cheaper, simpler mechanical item. Way to go GM. :bu :Twist there is more warranty work on the 6 speed because of "speed shifting" and taking out the syncros and 6000 RPM starts. the extra cost cover this.