PDA

View Full Version : FOB Problems ***Final**** see earlier post

tmdmike
03-16-04, 01:54 AM
Well my GM dealer said that the remotes I have are both defective! They sold me a new remote and guess what, it works! So here is my advice to you C5 owners.

BEFORE YOU BUY A USED REMOTE, BUY A NEW ONE FROM CORVETTE CENTRAL, OR SOME OTHER THIRD PARTY...IT WILL SAVE YOU MONEY IN THE LONG RUN. THE REMOTE FROM GM COST ME $185.00. INC TAX. I TRIED TO SAVE MONEY,by purchasing from ebay, BUT IN THE END IT COST YOU MONEY! YOU CAN TRY TO TROUBLE SHOOT YOURSELF OR TAKE IT TO YOUR GM EXPERTS....WHO HAVE THE RIGHT EQUIPMENT!

I HAVE TO ADMIT, GM IS EXPENSIVE, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN YOUR TROUBLE SHOOTING ABILITY, OR LETTING GM TROUBLE SHOOT YOUR PROBELMS! WHEN IT COMES TO ELECTRONICS, DON'T TRY TO SAVE MONEY ON A LONG SHOT! JUST GET THE GM DEALER TO DO IT!

Now that said! When I had my C4, I gave it to GM to repalce the intake manifold gasket!. Within 1.5 years it was leaking again, so I did it myself! Understand, I am a Banker, not a c5 WIZZARD!, but I did it right, and I had no trouble until I totaled my c4 going home late one night in excess of 120 mph in rain.... I cried to see my blue dream dead, but it gave birth to my C5 RED beast!!...which is also causing me proeblems on the scale of a real woman!! Enjoy you Corvettes. for for they are like wo-men, !! ONE BIG PROBLEM, BUT YOU LOVE THEM!!..REGARDLESSSSSSS