PDA

View Full Version : New member

fighterpilot
03-15-04, 02:37 PM
:Steer Hi to everyone.
I am a new owner of 1986 corvette coupe .
Sorry about my english but i am Spanish and i live in Mallorca island.
Here is a picture of my car, and i would like suggestions of how to restaure and look for spare parts.
Thks. in advance

Rogue
03-15-04, 05:54 PM
Welcome Fighterpilot.

There are literally dozens of places where you can obtain restoration parts for your C4 Corvette. I won't pretend to know all of them. The two main sources of these that I look in are:

Mid-America catalog: http://www.madvet.com

Ecklers catalog: http://www.ecklers.com

Ecklers has a catalog that lists a lot of interior and exterior restoration parts, as well as powertrain, suspension, and ancillary parts for just about all vintage Corvettes.

Another good source would be American Corvette magazines, as well as your local Corvette clubs. We have a member here who is also from Spain, Spanishvette whom I'm sure knows more about the local sources of Corvette parts in Spain than I do.

Imachad
03-15-04, 06:07 PM
Buenos Dias! Me LLamo Chad. I think thats all the spanish i can remember. Anyhow, welcome to the CAC. I think you'll find this site very informative and there are lots of great people to talk to. In light of recent events, be careful over there! :)

SPANISHVETTS
03-15-04, 09:18 PM
Welcome aboard.:w

I am damn glad to see another Spanish Vette owner here on the forum. You have found the right place. Don’t touch that dial.

Forget getting anything for the Vette here in Spain. If you need parts quick it is England, Holland or Germany but you pay a ++price.

Last week 2 punks smashed my Rt. window and ripped the dash apart to steal the stereo. GM’s published world wide price for the window is 258€, GM Madrid wanted 450€ and offered a 4 week delivery time. GM Europe in Switzerland honored the 258€ price but could not say when they could supply the window. I bought it from LakeChevrolet on the net for $158. including shipping. The window arrived here in 3 days!!:upthumbs

Be careful with the happy peddle; Mallorca will run out of road before the Vette runs out of Revs.

PS Don’t let any of those bare breasted Euro girls ride in the Vette. CAC does not publicly approve of such actions.;LOL

Chas
03-15-04, 09:21 PM
Welcome aboard mate.....dont worry about grammar here...just ask and watch how fast and accurate the information you recieve here is...use the tabs on the home page to help you find much of what you need as well.....Congrats on the new car and enjoy the ride...dont forget to wave ....
Chas:w

Mart
03-15-04, 09:44 PM
Welcome aboard,

Is your 86 an early or late model?

Don't forget to wave
Mart:w

fighterpilot
03-17-04, 11:50 AM
:w Buenas de nuevo, muchas gracias por contestar enseguida.
Yo tambien creo que es el foro adecuado y la gente muy amable.
Conseguí el Corvette a través de un familiar lejano que se iba a Australia, y le tuve que cambiar la caja de cambios y el parabrisas, pero los plásticos y gomas están muy deteriorados y me gustaría cambiarlos.
He conseguido un despiece del coche con los números de serie de las piezas, pero todabía no he pedido ninguna.
Bueno, encantado de saludarte, y no te preocupes por esas mujeres, (no hay suerte)
Hasta pronto

fighterpilot
03-17-04, 11:58 AM
Hi Chad my name is Manuel. Thanks for answer so soon.
I'll keep in contact

fighterpilot
03-17-04, 12:30 PM
:confused Sorry for writing in spanish but i'm new in this forums and i thought I was replaying to spanishvetts particularly.
I don't know if my model is an early or late one. how can I find out?
I also would like to know which options do I have. My cruise control does not work.:(
See you.......

Daryllawman
03-17-04, 01:28 PM
Hello and Welcome to the Corvette Action Center.......enjoy your new Vette......Don't forget the Wave....

tyrel
03-17-04, 09:28 PM
Welcome, fighterpilot! Hey, your island is bigger than my island, I am on Oahu in the middle of the Pacific ocean. You'll find a lot of helpful people in this forum. I love your car, a corvette always looks good in black.

UB2 SLOW
03-18-04, 02:37 AM
:Steer Hi to everyone.
I am a new owner of 1986 corvette coupe .
Sorry about my english but i am Spanish and i live in Mallorca island.
Here is a picture of my car, and i would like suggestions of how to restaure and look for spare parts.
Thks. in advance
Hello and Welcome. I have been to Palma De Mallorca many times. I love it there. It is the most beautiful Island in the Med. Great Pearls. I love the SCUBA diving there also. You are a very lucky person to live there. Great Vette too.

WhalePirot
03-18-04, 06:53 PM
Buenos tardes, welcome, and CHECK SIX!

http://search.ebaymotors.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Febaymotors%2Fws%2F&siteid=100&ht=1&from=R7&ebaytag1=ebayreg&query=Corvette&query2=Corvette&search_option=1&exclude=&category0=6000&categorymap=6000&category1=6000&minPrice=&maxPrice=&ebaytag1code=0&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&status=MetaEndSort can be a source of parts, likely cheaper than any catalog, but timing and shipping MAY be an issue. Might I recommend Vette Vues or other Corvette magazines for the articles and advertisements for parts you may need.

Bought an '84 that I wished was an '86; now it's closer to an '87. i've flown over your isle many times wishing I could drop in to see, ummmm, how does one say topless Europeans in espanol? I did say 'beaches', right? :w