PDA

View Full Version : Emblem removal

Pac-man
02-29-04, 07:44 PM
Just finished removing nose and trunk emblems. Also removed the body side mold. contact me if you want to buy them, they are mint cond. and black. The car looks so much better without things stuck on, especially the corvette emblems, much cleaner classic look, anyone else done this?

ZZRider
02-29-04, 10:26 PM
Mine was missing the rear emblem when it was delivered to me new. I did not realize it was even suppose to have one there for 9 months until I went to the coorvette forum cruise-in and saw that everyone had one on their car. I chose not to place one there, even though Sonny at the plant in Bowling Green offered me one. I too preferred the look without it.

ZZ

Dave1998
03-01-04, 07:47 AM
What is the method to remove the emblems?
Dave

Pac-man
03-02-04, 12:57 AM
They are simply glued on. Just get an exacto, pull them off and slice the glue as they come off. Then use adhesive/glue remover and peel glue off withn fingers. Light compound and glaze and you will have no marks at all. Word of caution, the nose emblem will leave two holes in the nose that a body shop can easily fill and paint. But you can at least do the deck emblem. The BSM'ings come off same way. Fishing line works well also.

eaw1565
03-09-04, 06:10 PM
You can also use a hair dryer to heat the part and soften the adhesive, Most hardware stores sell small soft plastic paint and plaster scrapers which can be worked under the part to remove it. The plastic is soft and will not scratch the paint. I've used this method to remove the emblems from both of my C-5s. I replaced mine with the chrome emblems.