PDA

View Full Version : Saw a disturbing photo of the C6 drop top today.

65coupe
02-15-04, 05:20 PM
I was flipping through my latest issue of popular mechanics today and saw a spoy photo of the 06' Corvette Convertible. You know, those shots you see where they cover the cars in those shape-altering mats that velcro together. Well insted of headlights there were simply to rectangular patches on the fender that looked to be in the exact same place as the C5s pop-ups. You don't think they'd actually keep the same body style for the C6 convertible do you? I mean theres no way they're lazy to the point where they wouldn't simply adapt the vert' to the new body is there? Hope not.

LongTimer
02-17-04, 08:21 PM
I was flipping through my latest issue of popular mechanics today and saw a spoy photo of the 06' Corvette Convertible. You know, those shots you see where they cover the cars in those shape-altering mats that velcro together. Well insted of headlights there were simply to rectangular patches on the fender that looked to be in the exact same place as the C5s pop-ups. You don't think they'd actually keep the same body style for the C6 convertible do you? I mean theres no way they're lazy to the point where they wouldn't simply adapt the vert' to the new body is there? Hope not.If this is what you saw ....

http://palmeter.com/C6Spy05.jpg

... don't worry. In fact, regardless of what you saw, don't worry. The vert will be the same as the coupe from the windshield forward - guaranteed!

65coupe
02-18-04, 01:08 AM
Thats the exact pic I saw. I'm glad its not an indicator. I mean I'd never own a drop top but its not like I want them to forget them altogether or anything.

ROCKETBLOCK
02-18-04, 11:04 AM
:( :eyerole :confused

danl72
02-21-04, 09:59 PM
I think the C6 vert and coupe are both nice looking Vettes. Gotta save up to get mine.

65coupe
02-21-04, 10:05 PM
I'm tempted to at least go check them out when they hit showrooms. I mean they're on the edge of my pricerange but if I fell in love with the test drive...

budweisert
02-27-04, 07:12 PM
I was flipping through my latest issue of popular mechanics today and saw a spoy photo of the 06' Corvette Convertible. You know, those shots you see where they cover the cars in those shape-altering mats that velcro together. Well insted of headlights there were simply to rectangular patches on the fender that looked to be in the exact same place as the C5s pop-ups. You don't think they'd actually keep the same body style for the C6 convertible do you? I mean theres no way they're lazy to the point where they wouldn't simply adapt the vert' to the new body is there? Hope not.

I am in awe at the sheer stupidity of this thread